Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Upcoming Projects for '86 951

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 08:50 PM
EJZero1
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 1 Post

I almost confused myself with mention of the "ICV"... Some kind of hybrid between the CV and ISV perhaps?

It's really the bracket to the ISV I need to replace!

Let me know if you have one!

EJ
Old 07-14-2012, 12:27 AM
F18Rep
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, I have one - its a freebie but will need the bolt and new isolators...Bruce
Old 07-14-2012, 05:05 PM
EJZero1
Pro

Turns out the isolators is what I actually need. Otherwise the bracket is fine. Going to try using a couple of rubber grommets or O-rings with a small bolt through them. Seems like it should work just as well.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:17 PM
EJZero1
Pro

Default Project Update...and couple of questions.

Effective yesterday afternoon, car came off the jackstands and started on the first crank. No significant issues to speak of, though I did about crap myself when the cooling fans kicked on! New upper radiator hose apparently hung just low enough to be nicked by the blades on the driver's side fan. On pins and needles as it was during the initial startup, then that friggin' noise! About had a coronary...

Original plan three weeks ago was this:

Replace all water hoses (Done)
Replace vacuum lines to include venture delete (Done)
MBC install (Done)
AFR gauge install (Postponed)
Boost gauge install (Done)
Swap out stock wastegate with Lindsey Dual Port (Done)

Took it out for the initial ride after startup, but was pretty gentle with her. Performed great, and looking forward to feeling her out as I adjust the MBC.

Question 1) MBC fully counter clockwise apparently gave me about 5 lbs, though I wasn't anywhere near WOT. Sound about right? One full turn clockwise apparently increased it by about 1 lb. Will spend more time with her today adjusting towards 11 lbs (in 4th gear, closer to WOT) Sound like I'm on the right track?

Held off on the AFR gauge install as I'm contemplating going WB. Got the gauge in the panel now just to fill the hole. Which brings me to:

Question 2) Since I've started down the slippery slope, plans in the near future include contacting Josh for the A-tune. Also recognize the need to be able to keep a close eye on everything during these upgrades, so looking at WB's as well. Assuming I'll do these things one at a time, which is first, A-tune or WB? Rationale?

Thanks much!

Quick Reply: Upcoming Projects for '86 951