Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

I'm new and i want to modify my car<-- is that you? click here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 05:17 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Arrow I'm new and i want to modify my car - FEEDBACK/IDEAS thread.

The write up i did is now here!

as the other thread is closed because i dont wait it full of replies ect. all replies will now be here!

Thankyou!

Have i missed something? should i add anything?
What do you guys thing?
sticky it?

Last edited by Paulyy; 06-17-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:32 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great resource, thanks for taking the time!
Old 06-14-2012, 05:55 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Great post, great idea.

I don't believe the V-MAF+ uses "3D maps" though. Probably better to say both are written to natively work with the MAF signal.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:12 PM
Zeff
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would add some vendors for all the crap that breaks on these cars too. Rennbay, 944online, pelican, part. Also a clutch section for the guys looking for 350 lbs of torque or more.

Maybe a known issues area too like trans mounts/cv's

Awesome writeup!
Old 06-14-2012, 06:17 PM
Richgreenster
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great write up but you are not done..
What about the Brakes?
Suspension?
Transmission?
And why stop there.. Seats, Roll Bars, Batwings etc...
Oh ya what about the sound system, and to top it all off. The Garage the car goes in!! LOL
Old 06-14-2012, 06:26 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulyy
Have i missed something? should i add anything?
What do you guys thing?
sticky it?
Good post.

It would have been nice to research and verify your information for accuracy! Many incorrect information regarding the Vitesse products. Be it for what you get, how it works or how much power it supports.

To correct a few:
- The Stealth Turbo kit does not include the V-MAF+. It's called "stealth" because it looks like factory including the AFM.
- The S3/3R will support much more HP that 330rwhp as you stated.
- Please clarify what you mean when you say that we use "3D" tuning? What constitute the 3 axis?

Last edited by fast951; 06-14-2012 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:16 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by fast951
Good post.

It would have been nice to research and verify your information for accuracy! Many incorrect information regarding the Vitesse products. Be it for what you get, how it works or how much power it supports.
It might help if there wasn't so much ambiguous information surrounding your products on your own website. Might be an opportunity here to make some updates. A prime example:

To correct a few:
- The Stealth does not include the V-MAF+. It's called "stealth" because it looks like factory including the AFM.
This is clear as mud on your site (http://vitesseracing.com/html/mass_air_flow.html), but thank you for clarifying that here. You talk about "key features of V-MAF+", then a paragraph about "stealth", then the next paragraph, you're back to talking about V-MAF+ features.

An unsuspecting consumer, after reading this page, would certainly fall under the impression that V-MAF+ was included whether you went with the stealth setup or not. Nowhere does it state that V-MAF+ is not included should you opt for the stealth configuration.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:23 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

PS - definitely sticky it when it's complete!

OH and you need a reference in there to Clarks-Garage.com.

Really that's one of the first places you should hit when trying to troubleshoot an issue. Honestly I go there first before even doing a search here on RL.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:29 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Richgreenster
Great write up but you are not done..
What about the Brakes?
Suspension?
Transmission?
And why stop there.. Seats, Roll Bars, Batwings etc...
Oh ya what about the sound system, and to top it all off. The Garage the car goes in!! LOL
I sense a little sarcasm here - but there are some 'common' questions within the topics you posed that IMO would be great to cover....

For sure - something about brakes. There have been a few threads recently that cover poor braking and potential solutions. Pad brands and compounds, big brake kits, etc. If anything, just put links to some recent threads, rather than re-hash everything.

Suspension - personally beyond the basic Koni/M030 setup, I'd refer folks to the DE section. Though there was a thread recently (I think racerxrick started it) about alignments (complete with specs and driving+tire wear impressions), that'd be a good one to link.

I don't think we get so many questions re: transmissions (relative compared to stuff about going faster, like turbos, chips, and boost)...

Then just ask a Mod to delete all the follow up posts here once the top post is sorted out.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:05 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
It might help if there wasn't so much ambiguous information surrounding your products on your own website. Might be an opportunity here to make some updates. A prime example:

This is clear as mud on your site (http://vitesseracing.com/html/mass_air_flow.html), but thank you for clarifying that here. You talk about "key features of V-MAF+", then a paragraph about "stealth", then the next paragraph, you're back to talking about V-MAF+ features.

An unsuspecting consumer, after reading this page, would certainly fall under the impression that V-MAF+ was included whether you went with the stealth setup or not. Nowhere does it state that V-MAF+ is not included should you opt for the stealth configuration.

You are confusing the Stealth TURBO with the Stealth MAF. Two different products! OP mentioned the Stealth TURBO!!!

The stealth or std MAF use the same V-MAF+ software... So if the consumers read the MAF page, they will get the correct impression that the V-MAF+ software is included. No Ambiguity!
Old 06-14-2012, 08:29 PM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

Great idea, Pauly D. Thanks for taking the time!

Definitely would recommend doing a clutch section as well, and once you've dealt with some inaccuracies I vote for it to get stickied. The only content-related suggestion I have is to try and remove your personal opinions as much as possible. Just the facts.

So who wants to do a Suspension + Chassis writeup?
Old 06-14-2012, 08:43 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Paulyy! I have been trying to work on something like this on my site. I called it 951 Mods 101.

http://refresh951.com/Mod101.htm

Mind if I use some of your material on the site?
Old 06-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Reimu
Drifting

I don't know. Do we really want a "SIKK MAHDS" sticky at the top of the page? That's low class mustang or z car stuff.

Maybe a Frequently Asked Questions thing that covers more than just making more horsepower. We already have that 944faq site but it doesn't stop newcomers from asking the same old questions.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Richgreenster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
I sense a little sarcasm here - but there are some 'common' questions within the topics you posed that IMO would be great to cover....

For sure - something about brakes. There have been a few threads recently that cover poor braking and potential solutions. Pad brands and compounds, big brake kits, etc. If anything, just put links to some recent threads, rather than re-hash everything.

Suspension - personally beyond the basic Koni/M030 setup, I'd refer folks to the DE section. Though there was a thread recently (I think racerxrick started it) about alignments (complete with specs and driving+tire wear impressions), that'd be a good one to link.

I don't think we get so many questions re: transmissions (relative compared to stuff about going faster, like turbos, chips, and boost)...

Then just ask a Mod to delete all the follow up posts here once the top post is sorted out.

Paulyy
I was not being sarcastic. Sorry if you took it that way. I was laughing at how most of our projects have cost us through the years. I know most of you know what I mean. 951 projects seem to never have an end.

That said. I wish you had posted this thread when I first started with my 951. It is a great referance and would have saved me tons of money and time. Thanks for posting it.

P.S. Speed cost money! How much do you want to Spend?
Old 06-14-2012, 09:56 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by fast951
You are confusing the Stealth TURBO with the Stealth MAF. Two different products! OP mentioned the Stealth TURBO!!!

The stealth or std MAF use the same V-MAF+ software... So if the consumers read the MAF page, they will get the correct impression that the V-MAF+ software is included. No Ambiguity!
Um, ok... But that's not how your response read to this thread.....

*shrug* Ok whatever. I stand corrected.

Quick Reply: I'm new and i want to modify my car<-- is that you? click here!