Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Anyone running in BOV mode?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 05:39 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by ausgeflippt951
Here's some video of my car; horrendous quality, sorry. But in the few times I was able to get some open track you can hear the DV going off (like a wishhhhhhh sound) -- even despite my warm-up pace. About 60% through the video I get a bit more open track; it's noticeable on the 2-to-3 upshifts.

https://vimeo.com/43432520
Car sounds nice and zippy Collin. Can't believe the perfect homage to the Karousel. Very cheeky.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Zeff
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After going to the Mtune I've been able to hear my billet dv. I've read that many people hear increased spoolup and dv sounds after going to a straight thru intake design/maf setup.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:56 PM
chrenan
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeff
After going to the Mtune I've been able to hear my billet dv. I've read that many people hear increased spoolup and dv sounds after going to a straight thru intake design/maf setup.
Same, I can hear my billet diverter valve clear as a bell. I run a Lindsey Racing Quad-M MAF. Apparently I'm the only person here running that MAF, against the advice of almost everyone here.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Zeff
Pro

Originally Posted by chrenan
Same, I can hear my billet diverter valve clear as a bell. I run a Lindsey Racing Quad-M MAF. Apparently I'm the only person here running that MAF, against the advice of almost everyone here.
It isn't a bad product at all, just newer technology is out now. How long have you had the LR maf?
Old 06-15-2012, 01:12 PM
chrenan
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeff
It isn't a bad product at all, just newer technology is out now. How long have you had the LR maf?
From when they first came out with the QUAD-M, so before the Rogue tuning thing and the resulting price drop of the Vitesse stuff. Its been dead reliable for me, started first turn and haven't touched it since me and Rennlister JustinL spent and hour doing some pulls and monitoring AFRs while switching between the curves provided by Lindsey that I uploaded to the MAF.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Zeff
Pro

Originally Posted by chrenan
From when they first came out with the QUAD-M, so before the Rogue tuning thing and the resulting price drop of the Vitesse stuff. Its been dead reliable for me, started first turn and haven't touched it since me and Rennlister JustinL spent and hour doing some pulls and monitoring AFRs while switching between the curves provided by Lindsey that I uploaded to the MAF.
exactly, this shows it is a solid product. I thought long and hard about going mtune, and decided that the future mods that Josh was working on (full logging/tuning) was the way to go for me.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:50 PM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

I have a Greddy Type S, but no MAF
Some will argue that it's still a good idea to recirculate regardless of MAF or not as the recirculating air helps keep the turbo spooled more during shifting.

Most of the time, if you are running a short MAF pipe with a big cone filter on the end the DV is still plenty loud and won't make too much of a sound difference by switching to BOV operation.

Quick Reply: Anyone running in BOV mode?