944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

ANYONE AROUND THE OKANAGAN, BC AREA?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012 | 02:28 PM
apitts73
Racer

Default ANYONE AROUND THE OKANAGAN, BC AREA?

Could really use a hand from someone with experience. I live in Oliver, bc.

thanks, adam
Old 06-03-2012 | 06:18 PM
Andrewporsche
Instructor

Hey Adam..what are you on working on ?
Old 06-03-2012 | 06:40 PM
apitts73
Racer

thanks for the reply....good to see someone else close by with a 951!

its a long story....but i just put a new 3.0l motor from Lindsey Racing into the car again( i say again cause last year i put it in and ran fine for 2100miles), then blew up on me. i think i had all the settings wrong(FQS,CHIP, and in race gas mode)....but again it ran perfectly until it blew.
now i put it back in after rebuild by LR again....and its been fighting me all the way. fuel pump keeps buzzing...not on start up, but after a good drive i can hear it from in the car over the exhaust! after i turn it off for an hour or so its fine again for a while.

also sometimes the radiator fan doesnt kick in until the temp gauge gets right up to the red mark...and it goes really rich(high 11s) and wants to cut out. if i feather the gas up and down it goes up to low 13s then back to low 11s and even into the high 10s. then again if i turn it off for an hour or so its fine for a bit..until another good run and its back.

cleaned all the grounds on the car, changed fuel pump back to the stock one(still buzzing),cleaned the fuel tank filter, changed the fuel filter.

i have a **** load of $$ into it for the last 5yrs...blew 3 motors and in the 5yrs ive only been able to drive it for about 3000miles between all 3 motors. the most ive gotten to drive it was 2100miles on the last motor(it lasted the longest of the 3 motors)

MADNESS!!

ive been meaning to drive to vancouver to see family.....kind of Leary to drive it that far though.

Oh ya...won 3rd place at the knox mountain car show couple weeks back...first car show!

any hands on help would be greatly appreciated.
again thanks for the response.

adam
Old 06-03-2012 | 06:58 PM
Andrewporsche
Instructor

PM sent

Quick Reply: ANYONE AROUND THE OKANAGAN, BC AREA?