Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Need WashDC Mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 06:55 PM
seattle951
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ausgeflippt951
Let us know if you're interested in meeting up. I'm in Reston, VA. I love Thailand: I lived there for 8mo and have been dying to go back. I was in Thonburi, a suburb of Bangkok. You're going to love it. P.S., Thai isn't that hard to learn. Reading Thai, on the other hand, I found to be significantly more difficult...
I am in Lagos, Nigeria at the moment and will be arriving in Seattle on June 16th. I bought a Suburban and plan to spend 6 weeks driving across the U.S. with my family. I will be pulling my 951 out of storage in the end of July.

I will do another post when I am in VA. I would love to get together and talk Porsches.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:08 PM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TurnerJ
Wow, I'm in Reston, VA as well. There seem to be a lot of 944s around here. WE ALL NEED TO MEET UP SOMETIME!!!!!

Haha I'm definitely down. If you ever see a red 951 with Fuchs, clear turn sigs, and no factory sunroof, that's me. Do you do any DE's? There's one coming up at Summit Point in July.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:50 PM
bordin34
Pro

I'm normally in College Park and I'm on dorkiphus too.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:21 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Dorkiphus should be called Dorks Is Us, that board is beyond interesting!

FWIW, We DO GTG almost every weekend... with a few exceptions... usually to wrench, but sometimes to just hang out!

SOME people place their personal lives (and girlfriends) ahead of hanging out, so I wouldn't hold your breath to meet up with SOME people (their SN might rhyme with ausgeflippt951)...

Pete wrecked his car, and doesn't come on here much anymore, I am super busy, but get on when I can, Ramius665 and Dougs951 are tools, but can be found on here every once in a while!

We will be in Fairfax tomorrow wrapping up installing a late headers and crossover on an 86, and doing some body panel alignment on it "while we are in there"!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:47 AM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
Dorkiphus should be called Dorks Is Us, that board is beyond interesting!

FWIW, We DO GTG almost every weekend... with a few exceptions... usually to wrench, but sometimes to just hang out!

SOME people place their personal lives (and girlfriends) ahead of hanging out, so I wouldn't hold your breath to meet up with SOME people (their SN might rhyme with ausgeflippt951)...

Pete wrecked his car, and doesn't come on here much anymore, I am super busy, but get on when I can, Ramius665 and Dougs951 are tools, but can be found on here every once in a while!

We will be in Fairfax tomorrow wrapping up installing a late headers and crossover on an 86, and doing some body panel alignment on it "while we are in there"!

Ok bucko, count me in. Just to spite you I will be available tomorrow if you guys are getting together. Was going to hit the driving range, but you asked for it. Also to spite you, I may drive my fancy new '94 Chevy turbo diesel I just bought and leave the pcar at home!!!

Seriously though, where in Fairfax, and is there any meat to said hanging out? Or currently just a pipedream...? I would be available around noonish.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:24 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Ok bucko, count me in. Just to spite you I will be available tomorrow if you guys are getting together. Was going to hit the driving range, but you asked for it. Also to spite you, I may drive my fancy new '94 Chevy turbo diesel I just bought and leave the pcar at home!!!

Seriously though, where in Fairfax, and is there any meat to said hanging out? Or currently just a pipedream...? I would be available around noonish.
We are getting together at Chamilkas house to wrap up putting his car back together, and maybe bear witness to him driving it on boost for the first time since purchase!

As far as I know it is me and Ramius665, along with Chamilka.. I would suggest you contact him for directions / invite.... we should easily still be working at noonish! FWIW he is near the fair lakes area, not far off the FFX Parkway!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:38 PM
TurnerJ
Racer

Haha I'm definitely down. If you ever see a red 951 with Fuchs, clear turn sigs, and no factory sunroof, that's me. Do you do any DE's? There's one coming up at Summit Point in July.
Unfortunately haven't really done anything with DE's... I baby my car way too much.

But speaking of Chamilka's car, I have been out of the loop... great to hear that it's all coming together!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:34 PM
seattle951
Pro

I am planning on picking up the 951 on Saturday and have AAA trailer it to a mechanic. When I put the car in storage 2 years ago, I filled the tank with race fuel with no alcohol and used a stabilizer. The motor had just had an oil change with Royal Purple XPR 5W30. The storage facility has rolled the car around the warehouse without starting it.

Any input on what it will take to safely start the car?

I was thinking that after 2 years I would need to replace the the gasoline and the oil before starting. Would the gas go bad after 2 years? The oil was pricey and and has 200 miles on it. Would the oil go bad after sitting for 2 years?
Old 07-19-2012, 11:43 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by seattle951
I am planning on picking up the 951 on Saturday and have AAA trailer it to a mechanic. When I put the car in storage 2 years ago, I filled the tank with race fuel with no alcohol and used a stabilizer. The motor had just had an oil change with Royal Purple XPR 5W30. The storage facility has rolled the car around the warehouse without starting it.

Any input on what it will take to safely start the car?

I was thinking that after 2 years I would need to replace the the gasoline and the oil before starting. Would the gas go bad after 2 years? The oil was pricey and and has 200 miles on it. Would the oil go bad after sitting for 2 years?
I would change the oil, and take a fuel sample.....
Old 07-22-2012, 10:49 AM
p5th
Burning Brakes

Whatever you do DON'T take it to IMA!!! Spent a boatload and in the end car was worst off then when I took it there!! Been sitting in driveway since April. Car ran well before they got it,now my engine is junk cause of those guys!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 11:42 AM
SSI Performance
Former Vendor

I'm in Maryland I have pick up and delivery with enclosed car trailer, we pick up cars in DC & VA every week. I also have a large inventory of 951 used & new parts.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

SSI (Sloan) is a great shop.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:09 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by p5th
Whatever you do DON'T take it to IMA!!! Spent a boatload and in the end car was worst off then when I took it there!! Been sitting in driveway since April. Car ran well before they got it,now my engine is junk cause of those guys!!!
Were you not able to get any resolve from Dan or Ivan?
Old 07-22-2012, 10:18 PM
p5th
Burning Brakes

Let's just say justice will take it's course! They really did me wrong,Ivan knows it! He's cool,Dan is a F'cking liar and their help is some shyt!! Ivan was unaware of of certain things,but he's the owner so it falls to him to stay on top of his employees. They will pay!!

Quick Reply: Need WashDC Mechanic