Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

vacume leak ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 06:53 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vacume leak ?

i hear a hissing sounds anything over 5psi of boost inside the cabin that i have never herd before. the turbo spools fine and the gauge reads normal. problem i am having occurs when the car is underload and trying to accelerate it kind of stutter. well what i mean is the car does not pull smooth , the power is not comming on smooth it just hits you hard in the higher rpms it does not build it up , normaly it would build the power nice and smooth now its just throws u back in the seat at the higher rpms.... what i did so far is got the car smoke tested came back fine. but i hear a hissing sound so idk has to be one , also changed the spark plugs and cleaned the cap and rotor and ideas, this is the last problem i am having and then she is ready for the nice weather
Old 04-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Only two vac/boost lines go into the cabin: one going to the KLR, and one that control the doors in the climate control unit. Check to make sure the check valve is still on the line leading to the ventilation controls (one of the two nipples going through the firewall), it prevents pressurized air from entering the ventilation system. The line used for the vent. doors isn't made to handle much positive pressure, especially after 20 years. I had a similar problem when I removed my A/C blower to clean out all the grime. Upon reinstallation of the motor one of the ventilation vac lines got caught up on a sharp edge and cut a hole in it.

If you have a compressor set the pressure low (~10psi), and put pressure on the KLR line, then on the line with the check valve (upstream from the check valve), and check for hissing in the cabin. That should help you narrow down where the leak is/if there is another underlying problem.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:04 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

It's comming from around the steering wheel on the right side the noise is no were near the klr box
Old 04-20-2012, 08:49 PM
msalvatore
Rennlist Member

Is the factory boost guage manual or electric?
Old 04-21-2012, 12:58 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

i have an EBC and a gauge also i was thinking could my WG be bad ? i have a LR duel port is there a way to check if it is leaking ?
Old 04-21-2012, 05:55 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

what is the name for the pipe that is duel walled that is known to collaspe
Old 04-21-2012, 10:16 PM
facboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Scott H
one that control the doors in the climate control unit. Check to make sure the check valve is still on the line leading to the ventilation controls (one of the two nipples going through the firewall), it prevents pressurized air from entering the ventilation system.
Where is this line attached to the intake system? Is it the vacuum reservoir under the hood?

Quick Reply: vacume leak ?