Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Pay it forward

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012 | 02:33 PM
p5th
Burning Brakes

Default Pay it forward

When I first joined RL some of you looked out for a newbie. I was given a few parts for free. My turn,but there is a catch to it.Im not shipping #1,#2-please dont ask for parts you dont need.All parts are located at IMA Motorsport nd can be picked up there.I have replaced the following-suspension(entire available),brakes(I have crossed driled f/r rotors,f calipers-red),switched to M-Tune so all AFM parts available,a set of D90 wheels( these are chrome 20 footers if yo know what Imean).Anyone who gets parts will have to promise to one day do same for others (944 owners). If your one of these guys w/4 sets of tires,2 engines,3 aor trannies in garage,please dont ask,you dont need. These are for the guy trying to get on road,put car back together. Now JohnK.-shyt,I'd drive it to your front door cause you've always helped me,Doug 951 same. Lart-you live too damn far man,lls. On a side note,went to see car today and was asked if I'd like to go for ride in a 450rwhp motec 951,WOW! I'm still grinning from ear to ear,IMA does great work.Took a good look at Todds 2.8(Almost there man). Send me a PM about parts if you want something. Also,I'm replacing door cards,seats very soon,seats are PERFECT non-sport(d-power/pass-man.),same deal.Interior like the rest is first come first serve.Parts are released ONLY by my say-so,no cheating.
Old 04-06-2012 | 02:59 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by p5th
When I first joined RL some of you looked out for a newbie. I was given a few parts for free. My turn,but there is a catch to it.Im not shipping #1,#2-please dont ask for parts you dont need.All parts are located at IMA Motorsport nd can be picked up there.I have replaced the following-suspension(entire available),brakes(I have crossed driled f/r rotors,f calipers-red),switched to M-Tune so all AFM parts available,a set of D90 wheels( these are chrome 20 footers if yo know what Imean).Anyone who gets parts will have to promise to one day do same for others (944 owners). If your one of these guys w/4 sets of tires,2 engines,3 aor trannies in garage,please dont ask,you dont need. These are for the guy trying to get on road,put car back together. Now JohnK.-shyt,I'd drive it to your front door cause you've always helped me,Doug 951 same. Lart-you live too damn far man,lls. On a side note,went to see car today and was asked if I'd like to go for ride in a 450rwhp motec 951,WOW! I'm still grinning from ear to ear,IMA does great work.Took a good look at Todds 2.8(Almost there man). Send me a PM about parts if you want something. Also,I'm replacing door cards,seats very soon,seats are PERFECT non-sport(d-power/pass-man.),same deal.Interior like the rest is first come first serve.Parts are released ONLY by my say-so,no cheating.
not fair
Old 04-06-2012 | 03:33 PM
p5th
Burning Brakes

Look at it this way. The more I get rid of,the more parts I order from you. Speaking of getting parts from you......let me see whatcha got new in the "Superstore".
Old 04-06-2012 | 04:48 PM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

You're a good man. It'd be good to meet up with y'all one of these weekends. Let me know if you ever need some wrenching help; I'm in the Fairfax area and have a big garage.

Collin
Old 04-06-2012 | 05:20 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Awesome and very cool of you

I tried giving away a pile of parts once in exchange for shipping costs and a good joke and got no takers....
Old 04-06-2012 | 06:00 PM
p5th
Burning Brakes

Thanks guys. I see on threads all the time of people needing a part here,there. Some of this stuff can be hard to find,expensive. I see th new guys purchase a 951 to only find out they have just stepped in it,lls. When I joined I got it good at first,some thought I was lying about even having a car, JohnK. was going hard at me. Now,I turn to him constantly for advice on car.So many have been there for me(as long as I stay out of Political side of site,lmao). I want to remind you all of this 1 thing. *Remember when you first got your car? Do you remember how it felt? A PORSCHE! That feeling of driving the hell out of it,the smile that was on your face,the way you washed her,looked at her,those sexy azz curves! I want every newbie,guy who hasnt drove his car in so long......to get that feeling back! Doug951 just gave me some parts! A stranger,didnt know me from Adam,but gave me so much advice. Like most of you,I buy from 'Listers 1st! I sell to 'Listers 1st! Because I ask for help from 'Listers 1st!
Old 04-07-2012 | 09:04 AM
Scott 951
Pro

P5th...pretty cool....not to Hi-Jack your thread but following the same rules (except I'll ship them for $2.50 or deliver to Hershey for Free ) can have these. They are brand new never installed or used.
Attached Images  
Old 04-07-2012 | 10:12 AM
p5th
Burning Brakes

There is always room for free stuff. You guys need to get this stuff while you can.
Old 04-07-2012 | 03:34 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

good man there's always a few of us always trying to help.
Old 04-08-2012 | 09:12 AM
p5th
Burning Brakes

Not quite sure,but suspension and brakes might be headed fo U of MD. Anyone paying to attend there could no doubt use a little help.Trust me I know first hand,oldest is graduating this year. Bordin34,check your PM's, and dont forget my Gyro man,I love Marathon Deli. Still have spindles! AFM,airbox,wheels,etc........Come and get it. A lot of PM's,ok,ok,I might ship a couple of parts for ya.
Old 04-08-2012 | 11:42 AM
p5th
Burning Brakes

Hey guys,I feel I need to get something out in the open,I'm African-American! Some of you are scratching your head right now,lmao. The reason I felt the need to post that bit of info is to not be surprised when/if ever to meet. I get a lot of invites from you guys to wrench on cars,hang-out,etc. And I would truly love to,the problem comes whenI go to other sections of RL.The pc section of site,I read post that say some pretty ruff statements.I care about cars man,OUR cars. If you are adverse to A.A.,cool. God Bless You man! Never had any issues within our community,just dont want to be where not wanted. Happy Easter.
Old 04-08-2012 | 02:03 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Like I have said before, we welcome everyone to hang out and wrench... just make sure you bring your thick skin with you as our "play" can be kind of rough at times... (RE: gay morman ex-marine????)

Although within the group there has been discussion of a safe word.... one word to let everyone else know to back off a given tack or subject (YES we do at times offend each other, but are good enough friends to know there is ZERO harm intended, and talk it out afterwords.. we all understand it is all meant in fun.. and we usually ease new to the group folks into it... we usually dont lead off with the most harsh stuff, we save it till you get good and comfortable!!)

At the end of the day, everyone's similarities far outweigh the differences.. and we all bleed on these cars the same (well ok, maybe some of us tend to bleed more often than others... as it HAS been said that I am not really wrenching until I am bleeding!!!!)

It is awesome to see folks newish to the community offering parts for pickup... there is a time to sell something for some cash.. and there are times to pass along something that would otherwise end up in the trash bin to someone who might need it more (I have seen my fair share of these cars... some have been in better condition that mine.. others not so much!)...
Old 04-08-2012 | 02:44 PM
p5th
Burning Brakes

John,yes I remember. Man,this was not for you,lmao. I cant help but laugh,once again it would be you.Now you guys see why I speak so highly of the guy.Trust soon as car gets out of shop, making the trip your way.
Old 04-08-2012 | 03:37 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by p5th
John,yes I remember. Man,this was not for you,lmao. I cant help but laugh,once again it would be you.Now you guys see why I speak so highly of the guy.Trust soon as car gets out of shop, making the trip your way.
Next couple of weekends are crazy here... But feel free... I'm back down in Richmond though!
Old 04-08-2012 | 03:47 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

LOL! once someone asked me to put some oil in their car. i gladly got the bottle and left it in his passenger seat and said done. poor guy didn't understand my joke

Quick Reply: Pay it forward