Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Floor jack recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 02:01 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 287 Posts

Harbor Frieght here, circa 2002. The ones they have now look similar but not identical, so can't say for sure they are as good as the old ones...
Old 03-21-2012, 10:59 AM
Tedro951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtnman82
Tedro951 - can you point me to any directions or DIY's on how to rebuild a floor jack? I'd really like to rebuilt one I have that leaks like a sive - pretty sure all it need is seals but have no idea how to get it apart or where to get the seals...
This guy has almost every seal and cup to rebuild yours. http://blackhawkparts.com/

I just did a quick scan for this link, but if you work on a 951, rebuilding your jack is childs play. http://www.instructables.com/id/Rebu...ic-Floor-Jack/

I read WAY too much info on jacks before doing mine, but am glad I did. The guy at blackhawk just needed the sizes of my piston cup and seals, since he couldn't look it up by the model of my old jack. The old jack works smooth as butter, now. The ability to lower the jack smoothly and in very small movements is a big deal to me, and both of my jacks do that well.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:42 PM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had a few over the years; most recently I had a Craftsman and a Harbor Freight, both aluminum "racing style" (i.e., one pump = greater travel).

After my HF kicked the bucket a couple of years ago (over extended it and it didn't have a pressure relief valve), I need a jack quickly. Given that I buy EVERYTHING on Amazon (hooray Prime) I bought a Neiko Tools 3.5T full-steel jack, with foot pump. I tell you, the thing has been pretty awesome so far. I love the foot pump (I can almost jack the entire 951 up with only my foot), and the jack itself is very long, giving me great leverage.

It's got a working range of 2.5" to 21.x", and is completely steel. It weighs in at a hefty 100lbs but I really don't care. Due to its low profile, it stores very low with the handle off. I even take it with me to the track.

I'm personally a fan of heftier "non-racing" style jacks since they seem to last a bit longer. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Amazon/Neiko is still selling the jack I bought, but if you're on a budget I've heard good things about this guy:
Arcan 3.5 ton Arcan 3.5 ton

Quick Reply: Floor jack recomendations