Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Need new engine (1986 951)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 08:10 PM
Powered By Porscha
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need new engine (1986 951)

Would've posted in the classifieds but I guess I lack privileges for being a noob or having limited membership. Anyway, in a nutshell, it all started about a month ago when my car started smoking while exiting the freeway. I took her to the mechanic a few days later, replaced the crankshaft seal and clutch, I get a call back that the car continued to leak oil and that my crankshaft and rod bearings are toast. My car has been in the shop since and I am already sick to my stomach commuting with the Volvo everyday. So rather than go through the trouble of some labor intensive ****, I'm looking into getting a whole new engine.

If anyone on here IS, KNOWS anyone, OR has any recommendations for companies that sell 951 engines, please contact me asap. I know lindsey racing has their crate engines and what not but I'm already in deep enough as is so thats out my price range. I'd prefer that the engine be under 100k miles and must be all in tact and running properly/ in great condition. Thanks.
I'm Grant BTW.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:35 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

I'm on a mobile device and can't tell where you're from but I'd suggest looking up "Larts Porsche Parts" on eBay
Old 02-28-2012, 08:45 PM
Powered By Porscha
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great, I'm in California and I've dealt with Larts personally before. Definitely a great source for 944 parts however I don't see any complete engines listed on his ebay store. I'll definitely shoot him a message though.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:46 PM
carlege
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any chance you can checkout your crank and maybe install new rod bearings? I know you mention not going through some labor intensive **** but, you bought a 25 year old vehicle.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:01 PM