Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Speed Force Racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 07:00 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

I forget his screenname but what about that poor guy from Hong Kong? Did he ever get his stuff straightened out?
Old 02-27-2012, 08:11 PM
Ihate951s
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys my name is Loren. I work at SFR. Tim wanted me to get on here and say a couple things on his and our shops behalf. He is banned due to not renewing his sponsership. So he couldnt have it restated and has contacted the admins to get back on as a sponser.We are very busy.We have no less then 10 cars being worked on at any given time.At the moment we have 2-NSXs,3-944turbos, 2-BMW M3's,1-Bmw 335I, 1-2011 Camaro SS,1-2011 EVO 10 and 1-2004 350Z.All of these cars are getting turbos,nitrous,supercharged or engine builds.

The majority of our business is the products we manufacture. In the last two years we have produced over 200 Mercedes Smart Car turbo systems.Justin Bieber,Simon Cowl and Bette Midler have these turbo systems on their smart cars to name a few.

The point is we are not going out of business because were way too busy! Tim did want me to apoligize to all the 944 customers, past and present about being hard to reach etc.....He wanted me to say that he is sorry that the one major problem with our shop has been the ability to make parts and deliver in a timely manner. He did go on to say that the Smart cars turbo systems were a big reason that delays were experienced by some of our customers over the last two years.The massive sales of these systems were overwheliming.So again he wanted me to say sorry and that he has hired a manager to deal with customers named Karl Murrah.

So first thing is first.Darwin.Its cool if you dont want to buy anything from us.We understand.But you have to realize that you gave us multiple addresses when ordering over the course of a couple of years.Unforntuately some parts went to the wrong address.But we did replace those parts at our cost.

Shaheed.......if there was a problem with the header,Tim would have been more then willing to replace it or repair it for free.We have never farmed out any work here except for machine work,polishing and ceramic coating.We have made changes to the stage 2 header over the last ten years mainly due to the fact that tighter radius bends became available which made some of the runners,smoother,cleaner,etc...... As far as the Fabspeed building our exhausts.No.We make our own downpipes and catbacks and modify the Fabspeed testpipe to make it a true 3" testpipe.

To Bill Wong......who had said we did sub-standard work in an other thread....I guess the reason was because we left a washer in the cylinder is what Bill Wong said.Tim stated BS bill! Had we left a washer in your car after the headgasket replacement,it would have been evident on start-up or after all the dyno runs.Sorry bud.None of us beleive this!

George D....What you said in an other post was the one that hurt Tim the most.Tim thought you guys were friends.He thought SFR had built you a great car.and then he seen incompetent tuning and install that cost you dearly and you hoped others didnt get burnt by Tim...but they probably would! So some insight into George D's dealing with ius.All we did was build everything except for his engine.Garrity of Motosports built George a 3.0L engine.Garritys idea of his engine build was to use a piston which extruded out of the deck for whatever reason and then use a 4mm cometic headgasket.Upon start up of that engine the headgasket leaked externally,internally.All every seal and gasket leaked oil.All the balance shaft seals,front and rear main seal,oil pan gasket seal,etc.....Goerge had us pull the engine and reseal it.He did not have us replace headgasket.Instead some MOROSO bLOCK SEALANT WAS SENT TO US TO BE USED TO SEAL THE LEAKING HEADGASKET!!!!!This was not our doing.This was instructed to us by Garritty.After that the car was tuned and delivered to George.apparently it did have some issues running hot.We assumed it was the block sealant clogging up coolant passages etc.. and would not be able to be sorted out till the engine was once again,disassembled,cleaned and reassembled.That is the last time we seen Georges car and up until recently Tim had no idea on Georges opinion of SFR.

Im sure there will be questions,statements and issues so feel free to comment.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:32 AM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Add me as another one who will never do business with SFR again. Their customer service after the sale is abysmal, and the quality of the parts is questionable. I don't care if their exhaust components are made by FabSpeed - I bought them from you and I expect you to stand behind them.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:57 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
If you are a paying site sponsor (doesn't matter if you were a member long before being a site sponsor) and decide you can't afford to (or choose not to)sponsor the board any longer, you are banned permanently. From a business standpoint this makes since, as a previous site sponsor could build a rep, then peddle wares via pm's or whatever after dropping sponsorship.
Oh really? wow.

I'm pretty sure he got banned because a lot of people had problems with him and SFR. a lot of people never received products after payment and other things. there's a thread about it here somewhere.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:13 PM
slivel
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 72 Posts

Wow, there is a lot of negativity going on here. I sense there may be some piling on also, although I can't know who has actually purchased from SFR.

What I can say for sure is that I have spent many thousands of dollars on SFR products. All of the SS exhaust components were beautifully crafted and delivered pretty much on time. One item - a ball bearing turbo became a headache because my car was torn down and the turbo promised within a week. This became three weeks before delivery - but the proper turbo was delivered.

Regardless of where you stand on your opinion of SFR, I believe that we as a small community have benefited over the years from vendors who provide products for our unique needs. That said, a dishonest vendor should not stay in business; however that has not been my own personal experience with SFR. They have delivered great products one time, with one exception - the turbo which arrived late.

Each vendor that we lose, will affect our selection and pricing options. I hope for our community's sake we don't lose another vendor, and if there are problems at SFR they get resolved.

A last comment on Rennlist policy of "permanent ban" for a vendor who unsubscribes. This (if true) seems a short sighted policy. Rennlist loses the sponsorship fee and the vendor loses the exposure. Why wouldn't they just put a finite term of a year or even two before the vendor could re-apply to be a sponsor? Strange.

A 951 owner since 1988.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:18 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Gotta say, the turbo intake pipe you made me is still the best option IMO for anyone running MAP. Glad you're telling us that things are getting better.

Quick Reply: Speed Force Racing