Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

throttle problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 09:14 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle problem

So i seam to having and issue once in a while, When i put the throttle pedal to the floor nothing happens its like im in just rolling while moving even at idle if i have the pedal to the floor nothing. It does not matter what gear or what speed i am doing. once i let off a tiny bit the car starts to take off only when the pedal is 100% to the floor its like im not even touching it but once i let off a littel bit it reads and takes off. if i shut my car off and restart it, it fixes the problem some times i need to do it 3 times or just once. any ideas of what this could be?
Old 02-03-2012, 09:39 PM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

i would check the TPS sensor to make sure its clean of oil and that its adjusted properly (makes a click when you move the throttle plate). Also check the throttle cable to make sure its not binding.I had my hose clamp on my hose hit my throttle plate and sometimes it would get stuck on the hose clamp.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:42 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok ill do that tomorrow i had a prob were it woud stutter and i found out my TPS was not plug in all the way i have a feeling it has to be somthing with tht thanks

Quick Reply: throttle problem