Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Anyone own the New Jersey Protomotive 944 turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 03:00 PM
tecart
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Anyone own the New Jersey Protomotive 944 turbo?

I drove it and saw it 4-5 years ago in Promptom Plains N.J. at Prtomotive, it was dark blue in color, had racing seats, rollbar, Ruf 17 inch wheels, a prototype maf kit, large circular fuel regulator and major racing suspension, i wonder where it is today, anyone know? i got pics of it but this car should be known by description alone, it had 330 RWHP i believe and built by Protomotive, maybe even raced by them also, thanks for the help
Old 01-16-2003, 05:11 PM
Turby
Banned

I heard thier cars were FAST. Never seen one myself though.
Old 01-17-2003, 06:35 PM
emilysgranny
Pro

The brothers who originally owned the company were absolute whizz's on the 911 's and the cars they worked on were indeed state of the art in their time.Unfortunately ,from what I understand they were killed in an accident.The company is now owned by cousins .Those people who I have talked to who were involved with the brothers always spoke highly of their highly specialized work .
Old 01-17-2003, 08:08 PM
tecart
Pro

wow, too bad they are gone, i musta met both of them, he took me around an offramp in that car at 100 mph, i almost ****, it was the best handling car in the world bar none, it would of made a perfect setup for my car, i needed the suspension information but i guess it may be unavail. if this is true, maybe the car is still alive, the offramps in new jersey are quite different then others I've seen, they exit and take you into a complete 360 degree loop, now imagine that at 100 mph back in 1994 or 1995 with 370 horses with some strange guy showing you the limits of these cars all to impress you so you'll buy their products, he did even bother to tell me to hang on, the car never even made a chip noise from the tires as it went in the whole turn, i swear i felt for the first and only time in my life 1.5-2 G forces, it was a handling dream, i wish i asked more about its setup, maybe someone knows out here...

Quick Reply: Anyone own the New Jersey Protomotive 944 turbo?