Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Basic perf upgrade - What's next?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012 | 06:38 AM
Peedster
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Basic perf upgrade - What's next?

So yesterday I fired up the 951 after rodbearings, gaskets, refreshed head, oilcooler housing leaks fixed and the engine seem to be running perfectly except leaks from crossover.

I have a 26/8, Tial 38 and MBC installed with original chips on my 87'.
I imagine I atleast need a different programming for this BPU for added boost?

I also have a Lindsey MAF 2 (without piggyback) on the shelf and wonder if it's worth installing it with these mods?

I don't want more upgrades than a chip and maybe the LR MAF if it will be a good setup.

Who will hook me up with a great chip for these mods and will it be of any worth installing the MAF?

Will Rogue A-Tune beat the LR MAF ie?

/Peter
Old 01-07-2012 | 07:30 AM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did your LR MAF not come with chips? If you are going to use that MAF, you need to use custom chips that were designed for the specific MAF & tune (like your 26/8, a specific boost pressure, etc), along with possibly an upgraded fuel pressure regulator if recommended by Lindsey for that setup, and whatever boost pressure is recommended. The drawback to this is that custom chips would have to be re-flashed if you make any more performance enhancements like an exhaust, bigger turbo, etc.

Gioing with A-Tune would definitely be an improvement over stock, but you won't get the benefits of a MAF like quicker spool up and improved throttle response. You would gain thr flexibility that the MAP sensor adds that wouldnt be there with the LR MAF & chips. Have you considered the M-Tune? That would get rid of the stock AFM, give you the drivability benefits of a MAF, plus the MAP flexibility as well.
Old 01-07-2012 | 09:24 AM
Peedster
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

The MAF is only the straight pipe with sensors and harness so I'm missing tree-pipe and filter and chips...so I guess it's alot of money to get it running..?

I'm thinking of the A-Tune to be able to upgrade to M later but not for this engine!
This is flexible and could be set for E85 I guess?

What more would I need if picking A-Tune? 3bar FPR?

I want around 300hp+ with small investment!

/P
Old 01-07-2012 | 02:34 PM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Is that 300hp at the wheels, or at the flywheel?
Old 01-07-2012 | 02:37 PM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Strike up a conversation with Joshua from Rogue. The A-Tune may get you 300 HP with a 26/8, but I doubt it. That's definitely the simplist way to go, plus it's got fuel options that others don't, and I'm sure Joshua will give you some money back if you decide to upgrade down the road.

Quick Reply: Basic perf upgrade - What's next?