Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New 951 Cat Back

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 10:08 PM
Asahi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone received their cat-backs yet? Please give me your opinion/evaluation on the item.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:12 PM
Phil Harrison
Addict
Rennlist Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Asahi:
<strong>Has anyone received their cat-backs yet? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Still waiting... John didn't return my phone call.

Anyone had their system delivered?
Old 02-19-2003, 06:54 PM
Dave E
Pro

I'm still waiting, deep snow here so there's no real hurry but it has been a month since I ordered mine...
Old 02-19-2003, 08:07 PM
zakk
Instructor

I've noted a lack of ANYONE posting anything about receiving one. Weird. Unless I missed a post about it along the way or something.
Old 02-22-2003, 11:12 AM
Dave E
Pro

Emailed John on thursday and haven't heard back, looking into reversing Amex charge if I don't get any info
Old 02-22-2003, 11:48 AM
turbinek
Instructor

New exhaust system sounds interesting to me. How much will the price be including shipment to Switzerland?
Old 02-22-2003, 01:14 PM
Flight_951
Pro

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by zakk:
<strong>I've noted a lack of ANYONE posting anything about receiving one. Weird. Unless I missed a post about it along the way or something.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">I received mine two days ago. I haven't taken it out of the bubblewrap yet, but it looks nice. I'll try to get it installed late next week. I thought Tim was straightforward about the fact that these 12 systems were made to order and would be shipped as completed with most going out last week. HTH
Old 02-22-2003, 02:10 PM
zakk
Instructor

We're not talking about the cat-backs Tim did the group buy on a week or two ago, this is a different group buy of a different cat-back.
Old 02-22-2003, 02:12 PM
TurboTim
Banned

quote:

Originally posted by zakk:
I've noted a lack of ANYONE posting anything about receiving one. Weird.
Unless I missed a post about it along the way or something.

I received mine two days ago. I haven't taken it out of the bubblewrap yet, but it looks nice. I'll try
to get it installed late next week. I thought Tim was straightforward about the fact that these 12
systems were made to order and would be shipped as completed with most going out last week.
HTH

HTH,

These guys are waiting for the AMW cat-back exhaust. The SFR exhaust is not the same as the one that John is seling. I thought I would clear up any confusion.
Old 02-23-2003, 02:14 PM
Dave E
Pro

Tim, Should we be concerned about not getting product from John? reply in a P.M. if you wish for private comment. Thanks in advance for any input you may have.
Old 02-23-2003, 11:53 PM
TurboTim
Banned

I dont think anyone should be concerned about getting stiffed by John.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:09 AM
Dave E
Pro

Thanks Tim. Is he just slow with customer service/really busy? Or maybe just at the mercy of his sub-contractor? I sure would like an update on E.T.A. of my exhaust, When we bought in, it seemed we'd take delivery fairly quickly but this seems a little long, IMHO.
Old 02-24-2003, 01:47 PM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

You have my email and phone, but its ok to reach me thru here also. Lets address a few of the questions/comments you have posted.

"Well I talked with my mechnic and he told me that the #3 piston was not to factor specs."

&gt;Thats to be expected, its not a stock block, it has chromoly sleeves, and forged JE pistons that run a different clearance than you mechanic is familiar with. EACH piston is measured, then the hole is bored to match that piston. Your mechanic is looking at a block that has damage, you canot tell the clearance by simply pushing the piston back and forth, there could be material block rings from collapsing, debris in the cylinders etc etc.

"And the headbolts were installed wrong"

&gt; You and I have talked after this post, this is a non issue, head bolts are installed with the stamp up, washers are installed with the beveled edge up.

"I have wasted about $10,000.00 on this deal that Porsche mechnic out here says is not even worth the $4500.00 that I paid for it because of the quality."

I charged 4500 for the block. It was a block with head installed, no cams, no accessories, I have no controll over the condition of the hoses that your mechanic said were bad, or had been cut then glued by the shop that installed your motor, I have no controll over the wire harness that was installed by your shop, the electronics O2 sensor, hardware used to install the block or its components etc. Its an admitted fact that your shop that installed the motor hacked it up, the air filter not installed/broken in the back, water found in the breather box. These are all factors that I wish I could have overseen, but I was not there.

Its not my job to argue with your shops, you have to shops on your end, everyone is pointing fingers, I simplly want you to send the motor to me, see what really happened, inform you, and get it fixed.

We have talked many times in the past three days, sometimes numerous times in a day over this, we have a plan to get this done. Infact, your on the tele with me at this exact moment as I'm typing to you :-)

I think your plan on shipping your car out to me to install the block is a good idea, there is a spare room at the house your a welcome guest. It seems the shop that installed this block is walking way from the issue, lets take care of it.

Talk to you soon.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:06 PM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

I have answered a few emails over the weekend on this, The cat backs some of you will get your package tomorow, we are down to about three left to go out now...

Take Care!
Old 02-24-2003, 03:19 PM
Dave E
Pro

Thanks for the update John

Quick Reply: New 951 Cat Back