Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 11:30 PM
951mat
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post couple of questions

First question: Is there a simple way to get off the fuel line fittings where the metal lines come into the engine bay and join the rubber hoses? Is a grinding wheel the only way?

Second question(s): Has anyone ran an mocal/equivalent oil cooler in series with the stock auxillary oil cooler on a car w/ AC? How did you plumb it? Do you think I would gain much by using both or just delete the stock cooler? Finally, is a plate type cooler superior to a tube/finned cooler? I've noticed thats what Porsche used for the stocker.
Thanks.
Old 03-28-2002, 10:26 AM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

I don't know about the fuel lines, but running a Mocal/Setrab type filter alone will definately drop oil temps under hard running vs. the stock unit. IMO if you're going to do all that work to fit an aftermarket oil cooler, lose the weight of the stock one and just delete it.
Good Luck,
Russ
Old 03-28-2002, 12:02 PM
951mat
Advanced

Thanks for the input. I was looking at the plumbing last nite and it may be difficult to run the coolers in series but I couldn't help to think that cooler is better and the more coolers the merrier. Just wandering if anyone's set up like this. I may have to delete the stock cooler just to get some more room to run lines.
Old 03-28-2002, 12:55 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can use your small angle grinder to get most of the fitting off then use a dremel to finish cutting throught the crimped fitting.

As far as the oil cooler goes, I found a 2nd generation RX7 cooler, $60, tube/fin, about 2.5x the area of the stock 951 cooler. I had it drilled and tapped to 3/4 NPT, got 3/4 x -12AN males, bought metric X -12AN fittings for the filter housing, then Earls fittings and hose to finish it out.

Quick Reply: couple of questions