Rob M Budd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 130 Posts
Post Milan Dragway (Milan Michigan) Track Rental this spring

FYI

It seems we were asleep at the light in trying to get a Saturday morning at Milan Dragway. All the Saturdays this spring have been booked already, except for Easter weekend. I didn't think that Saturday would have been good, so I passed on it.
Many weeknights were taken already too. So we ended up with THURSDAY MAY 22.

The event was initiated by us (928 Detroit Area); however we mutually agreed to open it to everyone, Porsche, Lexus, Ford, GM, Renault, Saturn, AMC, Mazda, Opel, Lotus, Chrysler, Yugo, Jaguar, Fiat, even Porsche 911s, and any other you can think of.
So far we are the only ones that know about it. So please pass the word.

The cost will depend on the number of cars that show up. We expect at least 26 and hope for more. Based on 26 cars it will cost $35.00 each.

Some particulars.

Milan Dragway is in Milan, Michigan

<a href="http://www.milandragway.com/map.htm" target="_blank">http://www.milandragway.com/map.htm</a>

It’s our responsibility to collect the money, have each car registered, and have a waiver signed by the driver.

There's a $250.00 deposit due in advance. The balance is due that evening.
I'll take care of collecting the money and get the track paid. $35.00 for each participating vehicle can be sent to my paypal account robmb@comcast.net.
Using Paypal they'll be automatic tracking and faster collection and distribution. If a participant doesn't have Paypal, there's always snail mail.

If anyone thinks I might leave town with the money, I'm open to suggestions and of course will gladly let someone else volunteer to do it.

We'll need a few volunteers to be at the gate and have the paper work done and collect money from non pre-paid participants. This is a relatively easy job. There's a card giving the vehicle info that must be filled out by the driver and a waiver form to be signed. It’s done at the gate on the way in.
I expect most people to pay in advance, yet we don't want to turn away stragglers.

Spectators and spectator cars get in free.

If we get more then 30 cars; and tell them a couple weeks ahead of time, they will open the concession stand.

If you plan to run faster than an ET of 13.99, you will need a helmet. They rent them at the track or you can bring your own. It must be spec out at Snell 85 or higher.

The vehicle must have a catch can (radiator overflow bottle) and a neutral safety switch.

We have the track for 3 hours. 6-9 PM. Generally with 30 cars you will be able to get in about 20-30 runs or more.

We will have electronic "tree" starts and of course time slips for each run.

Track personnel will handle the starts and timing.

EMTs and an ambulance will be on hand.

If there's any spills on the track, the track personnel will handle the cleanup. Please check your car carefully before the event.

My email and paypal account is robmb@comcast.net. When you send the money use the subject "Milan Dragway". Please give you complete name and car make, model and license plate number.

I'm hoping someone will come up with an email information/registration/payment form we could forward to other groups and interested parties.

Rob

Quick Reply: Milan Dragway (Milan Michigan) Track Rental this spring