Coolant dripping off clutch inspection hole

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2002, 04:05 PM
tjbreen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Coolant dripping off clutch inspection hole

Does anyone know where to look for a leak if there is coolant dripping off the clutch inspection hole? It is not a lot of coolant but appears to be running down the back side of the clutch housing on the drivers side.
Old 06-01-2002, 05:58 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's probably coming from the heater valve located directly above the bellhousing. You can see it from the top between the firewall and back of the engine. You want to replace this soon or else your clutch will be going next...
Old 06-03-2002, 12:53 AM
tecart
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
check that valves clamps and hoses for cracks, mine had to be replaced before too, and danno is right it made my clutch disc all wet and needed replacing after, fix it asap
Old 06-03-2002, 02:03 PM
JLeake
Racer

Question

I replaced my heater valve, but did have to make two 15 mile trips with it leaking. Clutch SEEMS ok. Do I have anything to worry about? What failure method should I be looking out for?
Old 06-03-2002, 11:35 PM
tjbreen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is there a technique for replacing this valve without soaking the clutch? I noticed my leak with the car off but I could not see the source from above while laying across the motor. What do I have to remove to get access to the heater valve?
Old 06-04-2002, 10:15 AM
JLeake
Racer

When I replaced mine the coolant was a little low, so I didn't really spill much out at all. I did have a shop towel under the valve when I removed it. All you really have to do to get access is to disconnect some electrical connectors above the valve. Be careful as the plastic will be brittle. The job takes about 10-15 minutes. Make sure you top off your coolant reservoir and bleed the air from the system when you're finished.

Quick Reply: Coolant dripping off clutch inspection hole