Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Europroducts kit on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 06:09 PM
rich951
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Europroducts kit on Ebay

Anybody know anything about these Europroducts horsepower kits on Ebay. Do they work ok? anyone bought one etc etc- advice very welcome.
details.........

New PORSCHE 944 Turbo DME (digital motor electronics) and KLR (turbo control computer) chips with stainless wastegate shimplates manufactured by Europroducts. Applicable for all Porsche 944 Turbo models 86-87 (2.5 liter, 217HP) yielding 43HP!

Also available for the 1988 944 Turbo. And for the 944 Turbo S model 88-89 (Sorry; 33HP "only" for these - no shims). This set normally sells from $198 to $349 depending on the distributor.

Please specify car type and year upon successful bid.
This chip will raise your engine's redline by 400RPM and increase your performance by about 43HP!! (Note: chips and shims only; computer boxes not included). Installation is fairly simple (about 1 hour) for the chips based on the included instructions. Wastegate shim installation requires dropping the exhaust and inserting the shims in the wastegate (good afternoon job). 944 Turbo S and 1989 Turbo do not use the wastegate shims since this is controlled electronically.
Old 08-17-2002, 02:09 PM
TKT2RDE
Advanced

I ordered the chips for my '89. Should be here on Tuesday. I'll let you know. I figure, a hack is a hack when it comes to computers and it wasn't going to be long before somebody offered it at a lesser price. We'll see. Besides, even if it only helps a little... I ended the auction and paid for ground shipping for a total of $176. Besides, if they deliver... not much difference between 33HP and the 38HP that Autothority promises...

[quote] Stage 2- DME + KLR / Boost 2 1988/2-1989
Our AutoThority chip upgrade provides your car with a 38 horsepower gain at the wheels and improved torque to go along with it. The low-end torque and throttle response are improved and the driveability is smooth throughout the entire power band. The performance can be felt right away as your car will speed through the revs quickly before reaching the raised rev limiter. The rev limiter has been raised 300 RPM in each gear and there is no top speed limiter. Our AutoThority Performance Chip is a simple upgrade and comes with full instructions on how to install it in your car.
Price: $595.00
<hr></blockquote>
Old 08-18-2002, 07:35 AM
Loki
Instructor

Most people on these boards seem to like Autothority chips and Steve R chips(no wastegate shims to install). I don't hear much about the europroducts. I waited for a set of used Autothority stage II chips. The difference is amazing. I can chirp the tires going into 3rd at redline, no LSD and a Tial wastegate dialed in at 15psi(Thanks for input Danno). The idle is quite a bit smoother as well.

Chris
Old 08-18-2002, 08:10 PM
btimes4
Intermediate

Rich951....I have the Europroducts chips in my '86 951 and have been happy with them. To get the full effect you have to use the shims for the wastegate that they provide. I will eventually be upgrading to a better set once more modifications are made, but if your car is stock you will see a very noticeable difference. For the money they are just as good as the Autoathority chips.I know on the advertisement in Excellence they oofer the same chips for I think $349, so if you can get them off of ebay for half of that you are getting a lot of bang for the buck. I paid just a bit less for the same kit in November. Like I said though it is a small investment if want a good HP increase, but I believe it was discussed once before that they can make you run a little lean and this can cause problems once you get into upgrades and moving away from the more stock application.
Old 08-18-2002, 08:26 PM
rich951
Intermediate

Thanks for all the advice.
I'm waiting on a GURU RACING MAF kit which comes with 1 chip- Danno seems to be an enthuisiast and obviously knows what hes doing- thought the Europroducts would be an inexpensive way to start while I'm waiting and then sell on.
They do seem a good buy though.
Old 08-18-2002, 08:50 PM
btimes4
Intermediate

I was thinking along those lines myself. From what I have read of the new GURU set up it is definitely the way to go. That is looking to be my next power upgrade after I get my coilover setup finished.

P.S. Danno and his group are for real. Your are not going to find anyone willing to help with more info.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:13 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[quote]Originally posted by rich951:
<strong>Thanks for all the advice.
I'm waiting on a GURU RACING MAF kit which comes with 1 chip- Danno seems to be an enthuisiast and obviously knows what hes doing- thought the Europroducts would be an inexpensive way to start while I'm waiting and then sell on.
They do seem a good buy though.</strong><hr></blockquote>

It's a MAP kit...better than MAF.

The danger with bad chips is lean running/too rich...so get it on a dyno and get a readout from a wideband O2 sensor if you want to be sure...
Old 08-19-2002, 03:52 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have Europroducts chips/shims installed on my '88 951.I doubt they do 43hp.Otherwise i have been satisfied with them.

Olli
'88 951
Old 08-19-2002, 09:41 PM
Stefan
Racer

I've had the europroducts chips and wastegate shims for over a year now. At $80 on the auction I figured I couldn't go wrong as long as they didn't blow up my motor.

Power increase is there, with or without their shims installed. As to 30+hp increase ... I'll have to take their measurements word for it. Doesn't feel that high.

I also had a K&N air filter, but put the porsche paper back after reading about dangers of cylinder scoring from particles the K&N will let through. Not a good street filter apparently where you have grit in the air.

Good Luck!
Old 08-20-2002, 12:37 AM
TKT2RDE
Advanced

Talking

Got the Europroducts chips today. Pretty easy to install... about an hour.

IMHO... I say well worth the $170. There is a distinctive difference in low end torque... and the increase in RPM is great in first gear.

My biggest satisfaction comes from a huge difference in normal driving... smoother, more responsive, and idle is more stable. It's fun to drive around town now.

The chips for 88-89 cars do not come with shims... but I already had a Lindsey Boost Enhancer which certainly helps in a similiar fashion. The only other upgrade (if you want to call it that)is that I hollowed out my Cat to get the car to run cooler in our 100 degree weather(and it runs MUCH cooler, not a noticable difference otherwise... oh, sounds better too).

Considering I've invested less than $300 between the boost enhancer and now chips, the car is much improved over stock.

I chose this route because I am looking at approximately 2 years before I can start making serious upgrades on the car... this will do just fine till then.

Good Luck!
Old 08-21-2002, 02:36 PM
POORSCHA
Track Day

I have the Eurewebparts chips (28pin) on my 88 944T. Along with the chips a I a Lindsey racing boost enhancer and a cone filter. The car is cooking down the highway. So far no problems I am an satisfied with the chips
Old 08-21-2002, 05:16 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm running these chips and the shims on my 86 with no wastegate controller (14-19psi depending on gear/driving style), w/stock 26/6 turbo. I'm planning to dyno the car before going to a different turbo. I can share results if anybody's interested.
Ahmet

Quick Reply: Europroducts kit on Ebay