Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Motronic EPROM switch

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 05:26 PM
rcldesign
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Motronic EPROM switch

I just designed an EPROM switch for my 951, and the minimum that I can have manufactured is 2, so I've got 1 to sell. If anyone wants it for $60 (which is my cost), I'd be willing to part with it. Just send me an email.
What this is, is a printed circuit board that has sockets for two sets of chips (DME and KLR), a switch, and cables that will plug in to your Bosch DME and KLR. Obviously, if you are running a N/A 944, 968, etc., you don't have to use the KLR side of the board.

What is this useful for? Like many people, I use my car on the street, and on the track. To save money, I only use race gas when on the track. With the race gas, I turn up the boost, and change the fuel and timing maps. Before, I had to pull out the floor board, computers, pry them open, and swap the chips. Personally, I'm pretty sick of doing this, so I made it easier. Now, I have two sets of chips - one for the street, and one for the track. When I put in some race gas, I now just have to flip a switch to change the chips. This will work with any 24-pin EPROM you may be using (for example, if you have Huntley Racing stage I and stage II chips, you can get the added benifit of more timing with the stage II chips on the track without having to pull out the computers and such).

The board is pretty small - about 3x3 inches, and the cables are 3 feet long. The board has sockets to accept any set of chips you'd like to use and switch between. It doesn't have a case, so you can build one out of a plastic box from radio shack or whatever.

So if you want my spare, its yours for $60, and I should have it for you in about 2 weeks. First come first served, just drop me an email chris@rcldesign.com

Quick Reply: Motronic EPROM switch