Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

cold air intake/ i/c cooling (long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 08:27 PM
smkn951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post cold air intake/ i/c cooling (long)

the following is just theory and would like opinions and comments. just read up something on this stuff and thought of cold air intake.will it work?
What about using a zeolite filled small radiator?
A vacuum is set upon installation and calculate the amount of water to be injected so after inj. The vacuum is still there. The radiator type equpment will double as an air filter also.
Air is drawn through the fins, then air accelerator is then placed behind it then a secondary air filter and or a bypass valve for condensation, safety and insurance, prior to the intake manifold.

I just saw a small type radiator about 10x5 in radiator, will experiment on it.
Will cold air intake significantly increase hp?

The following is not my research nor comments. I just research it and thought that this might work as an alternative to cool intake and possibly the i/c on the cars
Basics of cooling technology with zeolite
Polar molecules such as, for example, water are thereby absorbed, and as a result of heat dissipation they are integrated into the crystal structure (adsorption). If the process takes place in airless containers, the absorption of steam takes place at such a dramatic rate that the remainder of the water cools off dramatically and freezes to ice as a result of the high latent heat. This process continues until the zeolite is saturated with water. Depending upon the type, zeolite can absorb up to 25 % of its own weight in water. To use it further, the zeolite must again be dried, whereby it regains its full functional capability. This regeneration takes place through the supply of high temperature heating. Water is thereby driven out of the zeolite as steam (desorption).

Adsorption cooling

For cooling purposes, a zeolite container filled with dry zeolite is connected to a flat evaporator filled with water. Next, the air is removed from the system with the hand powered vacuum pump. Following the connection of the zeolite container and accompanying the evacuation process, the water will begin to steam strongly, where there is sufficiently low pressure. As a result of the already described cooling process, the water in the evaporator will be cooled and subsequently freeze. Further water molecules evaporate from the resulting ice (sublimation), which results in the further cooling of the ice. Using a zeolite cartridge, the insulating box, with a usable volume of 55 l, can be cooled at an environmental temperature of 22 °C and maintained at a temperature level of between 0 °C and 6 °C for approximately three days. At the end of this time period, the evaporator must again be filled with water, a regenerated zeolite cartridge must be connected, and the air must again be pumped out of the system. In order to be able to continuously cool over a longer period of time, and to bridge over periods of poor weather, one must have a supply of several regenerated zeolite cartridges.

Quick Reply: cold air intake/ i/c cooling (long)