944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

High idle only some times??

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003 | 06:54 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Porscheman101:
<strong>Alright, my problem is whenever I drive my car my idle picks up to 1200 rpm. So I screwed in the bolt at the top of the throttle body in farther. This solved the problem. Well after driving it again the rpm raised back up to 1200 at idle. So I took a look at the screw again and it had risen back up while driving.

So this is what is happening to my idle. I just dont know how to fix it. Tape maybe? Anyway thats my .02 cents on the situation. Maybe other 944 owners are having the same problem.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Replace the screw, the rubber wears/hardens.

Also to properly set the idle, you want to disable the idle stabilizer by jumpering 2 connections in the test port and then setting the idle with the screw. Check the archives to find out exactly what you have to jumper. I cant remember offhand.

Quick Reply: High idle only some times??