Bed time reading race story…

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 10:24 AM
SimonK
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Bed time reading race story…

Bed time reading race story…

Just returned from my one week trip across Europe and on the way back through unrestricted German autobahn I had 2 races… I know childish but I did.

First race; I am driving in the fast lane and 2 xenon lamps teleport themselves behind me. Quick look in my rear view mirror reveals a 996 turbo. I gracefully ‘’hey respect man’’ pull over to the middle lane and then as he nails it I nail it 2 just to see… Well, ha, we lose but not as night and day as I would have expected. He pulls away slowly for about 50 meters up to about 135mph then of course it’s all over as he takes of into the sky whilst I back off and tap my 951S and say ‘’OK baby we lost, but don’t you worry about your younger brother on steroids’’, it only costs 10 times as much as you do.

Second race; 2 xenon lights appear in my rear view mirror flashing at me again. This time a BMW Z3, and I think **** off you are not even worthy of a race and I move over to the middle lane. However, as he passes me 4 massive exhausts pipes and the M3 badge reveal themselves to me and I think O yeah this we must test and nail it after him. At about 163mph I catch him up and flash my lights rapidly at him indicating – now you get the hell lost but he persistently maintains his position. I flash again, no, he defends it on and then a long left handed sweeper arrives. He backs off moves to the middle lane and I think well time to preserve honor therefore I hold the thing at 167mph through the bend thinking I know I am mad but this is what it’s all about. Schumi or not Schumi! He disappears in to the distance - he must have backed off at least 50mph. I then pull to the middle lane thinking enough is enough - wiping my sweaty palms. He passes me smiling giving me the thumbs up laughing and I can see him thinking - respect man what a f##k was that car? Wasn’t that an Audi engineered 924 I have heard of???.

Moral of the story is – don’t give up your 951’s whatever you do! They still hold their own with the best! Hmm a 996 T excluded of course.
Old 06-08-2003, 11:48 AM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I really hope you took the time to lap the Nurburgring while you were in Deutchland.

I remember my last trip, the left lane was basically reserved for BMWs and Porsches. Couldn't spend more than 1 minute without having to move over for someone faster. Next time I go, I'm buying a cheap 951 for the duration of my stay, and then selling it again to a dealer. Might be cheaper than renting a car.
Old 06-08-2003, 01:17 PM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wie schoen
Old 06-08-2003, 01:30 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts
I'd love to lap the Ring. Just to check that off the List-of-Things-To-Do-Before-I-Die.

Quick Reply: Bed time reading race story…