WTB> 944 ABS Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 11:10 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WTB> 944 ABS Sensors

WTB...

944 turbo ABS sensors with brackets and mounting bolts. Need front and maybe some rears too.

Can paypal. How much shipped to 91321?

TonyG
Old 11-16-2011, 11:38 PM
SirLapsalot
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Turbo is different from NA? If not I have them.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:14 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Originally Posted by SirLapsalot
Turbo is different from NA? If not I have them.
They are the same.

PM Sent.

TonyG
Old 11-17-2011, 04:00 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

What, you keeping it now and going the Boxter route?
Old 11-18-2011, 03:19 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Originally Posted by 333pg333
What, you keeping it now and going the Boxter route?
Hey

Here's the deal on the car. (THE FOLLOWING WAS ALL IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS)

The new LS6 was installed. I used the old MTI Stealth 2 cam initially. That resulted in 389RWHP.

I broke the GKN Motorsport axles (broke 1 in half). Installed 2 new GKN 951 axle assemblies. They both broke. Both cv cages shattered in 13 laps (less than 30 miles). The ripped the cv boots, broke the cages, and dropped the *****. Done.

Bought new custom axles (2).

Then at Laguna Seca, I shattered 2nd gear on a worn 5R trans. Yeah.

So I bought 2 AOR transmissions. One stock. The other with a S2 R&P and my Guard 50/80 diff (that's the trans installed).

Then the clutch wouldn't properly disengage when hot. Turned out to be a cracked pressure plate and cracked disk. Bought a new Spec stage 3 clutch, new Spec aluminum flywheel, and a custom spec aluminum pressure plate, and a new hydraulic throwout bearing.

Then... (and not in order...)

I decided that a larger cam was in order.

That said, I dumped the MTI Stealth 2 cam, for a Futrul Motorsports F-16 cam (along with new TI springs, TI retainers). Picked up 30RWHP and another 800rpms under the "curve". Peak HP was at close to 7000rpms.

With the rpm limiter at 7000 rpms, my fun was being cut off way too soon. So......

In goes the new ARP LS7 rod bolts. That allowed me to raise the rpm limit to 7300rpms.

Yeah...

Now, I'm on to the suspension.

I''ve changed my setup form a 550/650lbs spring setup to a 650/750lbs setup with no rear sway bar. Yeah... it works great on a 315 square setup.

And now... for the the final wild hair up my ***....

The Boxter stand alone ABS system is finally going in.

I'm taking the car for a shake out run at California Speedway this Saturday.

Monday it's going in to get the ABS installed and plumbed up.

Then, probably at the end of the week, the ABS will get wired up.

And... to top it all off... I'm having some very nice carbon hoods fabricated up.

That's where the car is now.

TonyG
Old 11-18-2011, 04:04 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Good to see everything has been going swimmingly!! Have you looked at the axle/CV setup LR sell?
http://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Parts/944CVAXLELR.html

I wonder how that 5 speed with the S2 trans goes in your car. We've been using this combo for a while and have enjoyed it although I'd have almost thought the longer stock gearing would suit a V8 more?

You still running a brake booster huh? Otherwise what has been the issue to make you go to ABS? Understand that it can be a superior setup but if you're not flat spotting do you think you can go much deeper with the Boxter ABS? Glad to hear you're getting it up and running though. Be great to hear your results. Looked at the Bosch M-sports seriously but couldn't afford to drop that amount of coin just at the moment. If you can prove the Boxter one works then this will be a much cheaper option. Assuming it's an early Boxter version?

I think springs are very personal in terms of preference, driving styles, and tracks. I'm going up a fair bit stiffer than yours (900/1100) and may have to dial it back a little. Going to run potentiometers which I hope will help a lot in sorting out suspension and aero. I've read of the no rear sway thing. I guess 50/50 balance and same footprint all round allows this.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:30 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

What I've found in terms of spring rates (in everything between 996 Cup Cars, to 944 race cars) is that softer is faster, even though the feel is not as good. That said, you have to have it stiff enough so that it's controllable. Past that it's slower. (yes.... that leaves a lot open to interpretation... but that's our "rough" take on the overall setup).

The S2 R&P is great "only" because the car has a cam that makes its power above 4500 rpms. Thus the object of the game is to keep the revs up . Hence the lower S2 R&P. (BTW... the car is absolutely stupid fast now..... ).

TonyG

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Good to see everything has been going swimmingly!! Have you looked at the axle/CV setup LR sell?
http://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Parts/944CVAXLELR.html

I wonder how that 5 speed with the S2 trans goes in your car. We've been using this combo for a while and have enjoyed it although I'd have almost thought the longer stock gearing would suit a V8 more?

You still running a brake booster huh? Otherwise what has been the issue to make you go to ABS? Understand that it can be a superior setup but if you're not flat spotting do you think you can go much deeper with the Boxter ABS? Glad to hear you're getting it up and running though. Be great to hear your results. Looked at the Bosch M-sports seriously but couldn't afford to drop that amount of coin just at the moment. If you can prove the Boxter one works then this will be a much cheaper option. Assuming it's an early Boxter version?

I think springs are very personal in terms of preference, driving styles, and tracks. I'm going up a fair bit stiffer than yours (900/1100) and may have to dial it back a little. Going to run potentiometers which I hope will help a lot in sorting out suspension and aero. I've read of the no rear sway thing. I guess 50/50 balance and same footprint all round allows this.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:37 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Well it's always that compromise between less body roll vs more grip that body roll provides. Still, there have been a lot of 944 based racers with stiffer than your upgraded springs. As you say, there is also the element of 'feel'.

Yes, the S2 conversion is one that many more people should try IMHO.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:39 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Looking forward to hearing about your ABS project as that is on my long term plan as well.
I take it you're going with the pre-DBW standalone 3-channel ABS?
Old 11-18-2011, 06:36 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^ What he said.. Ditto.

Quick Reply: WTB> 944 ABS Sensors