Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

fuel injector

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011 | 12:42 AM
homerj
Rennlist Member

Default fuel injector

i was reading some of the post on high ohm fuel injectors and was left a little confused. can i run a 42lb 14ohm injector and be safe. im upgrading to a k26/8 turbo and already have the maf conversion and pro max chip. just purchased the 86 951 that quite a bit of mods already. my friend wants to try my fuel injectors and has a new set of 42 lb injectors for me to try. my car has the scivision pro max maf and chip. 3" exhaust and down pipe. any info would be greatly appreciated. or an injector to start out with. im assuming my injectors were stock by the part number. thanks
Old 11-14-2011 | 12:55 PM
slivel
Racer

Originally Posted by homerj
i was reading some of the post on high ohm fuel injectors and was left a little confused. can i run a 42lb 14ohm injector and be safe. im upgrading to a k26/8 turbo and already have the maf conversion and pro max chip. just purchased the 86 951 that quite a bit of mods already. my friend wants to try my fuel injectors and has a new set of 42 lb injectors for me to try. my car has the scivision pro max maf and chip. 3" exhaust and down pipe. any info would be greatly appreciated. or an injector to start out with. im assuming my injectors were stock by the part number. thanks
Your Injector driver transistors in your DME should be "safe" because the high ohm injectors will draw less current than the stock injectors. Your engine may not be so safe in that you will be delivering about 25% more fuel to the engine than before unless your chip was specifically designed to support 42lb/hr injectors. A very rich mixture, loss of power and the risk of washing down your cylinder walls could result.
Old 11-14-2011 | 09:13 PM
homerj
Rennlist Member

thanks for reply. seeing so many people talking about 55lb and higher assumed the car could take extra fuel. i know im running 13 lbs of boost now. is stock 32lb injector. im just used to working on my hotrod where more fuel just makes it go faster. thanks again

Quick Reply: fuel injector