Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Now I really need some help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 06:01 AM
Reinhardt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Now I really need some help!!

Just found out this morning that I managed to destroy the engine of my poor little 924S project car on the first test run! A few yards from home it made a weird engine noise and then cut out. Upon removing the head, the dealer found that a valve dropped on the 4th cylinder and COMPLETELY disintegrated the piston! All that remains is the rod... no trace that there ever was a piston! The resulting violence cracked the block on both sides - a total loss.

They quoted me $6700 for a 944 8v motor from the factory. I have already spent more money on this car than it's worth and things are looking rather grim at this point.

The only way I will consider putting this car on the road again is if I can turn it into something better than it was before. To me that means replacing the motor with a 944 turbo power plant.

What I need to know is if this is practically possible and what it will involve. If it can be done I will obviously have to locate a replacement motor and I need your advice here too.

Keep in mind that I am in Saudi Arabia and will have to import the motor as there is no chance of finding one here.

The way I see it the engines will be identical but the intake will be different so I need a total solution.

Can I turn a pile of metal into a 924 turbo S?

All suggestions appreciated.

Thanx
Old 03-07-2002, 06:49 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Piece of cake! Just buy all these 951 parts and bolt them on:

Old 03-07-2002, 08:30 AM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I love that picture ...Have you considered picking up a good used 944 short block and adding a supercharger...Check out <a href="http://www.speedforceracing.com/" target="_blank">Speed Force Racing</a> or <a href="http://www.huntleyracing.com/" target="_blank">Huntley Racing</a> ...This would probably be easier than going the turbo route???
Old 03-09-2002, 05:38 PM
Reinhardt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting ideas,

Thanks, I'll look into it and just maybe the phoenix will rise again...

Quick Reply: Now I really need some help!!