Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Guru Map Kit tuning thread?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 11:23 PM
Mledbetter
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Guru Map Kit tuning thread?

Anyone care to share any tuning they have done with the Link system?

My car seems to have a little stumble as I hit the gas at idle. Adding 4-5% fuel in those cells helps that issue, but hurts the cold-start a bit.

Anyone spend some time with a wideband or on a dyno?

Lets keep the posts public so everyone can learn.

Thanks.

-Matt
'93 Rx-7
'87 951
Old 02-25-2003, 05:58 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Matt, you don't want to add too much fuel to the idle mixture. Superjet.1 likes to use 25% more fuel than me there, but it borders on the stumbling side and you'll definitely won't be able to pass smog. As a general rule:

stumbling = rich or really lean
laziness = lean

What you want is to add acceleration enrichment. Hit the SELECT button UP until you see:

ACCEL-T Z=0 0%

Then hit the ADJUST-UP button until you have 5%. Then SELECT-UP three times and STORE by hold both ADJUST UP/DOWN down.

A more precise adjustment I like to do is enrich the fuel-zones around idle. So your just off-idle mixture is a little rich without changing your idle. This will be fuel-zones 220, 320, 410-420. You seem to be having similar problems to Dwayne Williams. You guys might want to exchange notes.
Old 02-25-2003, 12:27 PM
superjet.1
Pro

Try moving the pins of the air intake temp sensor to 1-3 instead of 1-4 5th being the open one.This might help as well in real cold weather.Try this first and post back and tell us if it helps.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:14 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"Adding 4-5% fuel in those cells helps that issue, but hurts the cold-start a bit."

Remember he's already too rich at idle, we don't want to make it any richer. Something is strange with this particular car because he's had to dial back the fuel by 20-25% to cure the hard-start problem.
Old 02-25-2003, 08:08 PM
Brett
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have the intake pin sensor wires in 1-4 and my outside temp is real cold. 10 degrees yesterday and it fired right up. Acctually it starts easier now than when it was stock>
Old 02-25-2003, 09:55 PM
Mledbetter
Racer

Just a follow-up to my own tuning issues...

I checked and double-checked all the lines again and replaced everything within reason.

I cleared up a problem with my Lindsey bypass valve opening at idle.

When I start the car now, it idles low, but solid, for about 10 seconds and then wants to die. If I lean out the fuel 10-15%, it will idle. I need to leave it leaned out for 30 seconds or so and then I move it back up and all is well.

My accel zone 0 was already at 5%, so I'm guessing thats how it comes from you guys. If I drop it down to 2%, the off idle stumble seems to be gone, so I've left it that way.

The cold-start issue is probably something malfunctioning with my car, but I'm living with it for now. The rx-7 is ripped apart in the garage with a not-so-smooth install of a Greddy front-mount intercooler. I can't afford to have both cars out of service at the same time, so I'll start up on the 951 in a week or 2.

-Matt
Old 02-25-2003, 11:22 PM
TurboTime
Instructor

mledbetter,

What was the problem you had with your Lindsey bypass valve and how did you clear the problem up? Just bought one of these too to handle the Guru Map II.

Thanks, Greg
Old 02-25-2003, 11:28 PM
Mledbetter
Racer

The spring wasn't strong enough to hold the valve closed while at idle.

I think the original kit came with some shims, but I couldn't find the box. I went to Orchard and bought a half inch of washers. Trial and error until I got it to stay closed.

Lindsey is awesome with support. I emailed them on Sunday and had mail back within 30 minutes.

-Matt
Old 02-26-2003, 02:07 PM
superjet.1
Pro

your o2 sensor could be bad test it out.Or unplug it to see if anything changes.
Old 02-26-2003, 04:07 PM
Mledbetter
Racer

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by superjet.1:
<strong>your o2 sensor could be bad test it out.Or unplug it to see if anything changes.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">New sensor.. well, 6 months old. I'll give that a shot though.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 02-26-2003, 06:07 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how are those guru chips??? i am thinking of getting a set as possible other inhancements by them...how is there tech support??? what kind of gains should i expect? thanks for your help

Quick Reply: Guru Map Kit tuning thread?