Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Phoenix Belt Adj. Day / Get Together (Cross Post)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 12:04 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Phoenix Belt Adj. Day / Get Together (Cross Post)

Hey Guys,

This Saturday, March 1st, will be the Phoenix area timing belt adjustment day/Rennlist get together. At this point I’ve had about seven people who’ve tentatively confirmed and the weather is shaping up to be a chilly 70 degrees (wear your long-sleeves). This won’t be limited to timing belts so if there is something else you’d like done or help with (with the exception of major overhauls) this is a good time to do it. For those of you who’s paint needs a little bit of help, I’ll be trying to bring a white 951’s paint back from the dead and it might be a good opportunity to see how much you can clean up your paint. I have the 9201, pin spanner, flywheel lock, cheese heads, calibrator bar, air tools, factory manuals, 24,27,& 32mm wrenches, etc.

I live in the NW Valley and the plan is to start after 9:00 a.m. and make a day out of it. The earlier you get there, the better chance you have of getting a spot in the garage. My wife should be gone shopping by 10:00 and the beer will be well iced. If you need your belts done (for free), would like to learn the procedure, or would just like to hang out, drink a beer, and talk about cars, than you should stop by.

I’ve got a three-car garage and can fit 9 cars in my driveway so space is not an issue and have enough 10mm sockets to do four cars at a time. I could use a couple extra 10mm wrenches and a set or two of jack stands. My neighbor found out that I was doing this and decided that he would invite his Corvette club over his house that day. He wants to turn it into a joint BBQ/get together. It should be quite a sight having one side of the street filled with Vettes and the other with p-cars. If your interested, let me know and I’ll send you the directions. I look forward to seeing some of you guys there.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:25 AM
johne
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, why can't you live in georgia I need my timing belt tensioned.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:05 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Send me a plane ticket. I hear Georgia is nice this time of year.

Quick Reply: Phoenix Belt Adj. Day / Get Together (Cross Post)