Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Pacific NW 951 gathering?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 02:33 PM
Fonck
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Pacific NW 951 gathering?

I'm relatively new on this board, but have noticed over the last several weeks that quite a number of people with 951s live in the Pacific Northwest (B.C. and Washington particularly). Has there ever been a PacNW 951 gathering? If so, could you post the details of the next one?

If not, perhaps we should organize one for this Spring. I'm not sure what the activities would be other than perhaps a drive and lunch, but it seems like it would be fun to do...perhaps meet in Bellingham, WA (Fairhaven district). Possible drives include the Mount Baker highway, Chuckanut Drive along bay, or just up I-5 to Blaine. Perhaps people who have done such gatherings in the past could suggest activities?

p.s. on another note are any PacNW 951s going to do DE at Pacific Raceways on March 29th?
Old 02-22-2003, 03:37 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, RandyJ and I were thinking about doing a big group drive up to Pemberton (just past Whistler) and giving some fellow Porsche owners rides in Gliders up there.

Just an idea.
Old 02-22-2003, 08:18 PM
Jason_86_951
Drifting

Fonck,
What part of the state are you from?
Old 02-22-2003, 09:19 PM
Fonck
Intermediate

Seattle...guess I should put that on my signature eh? Though I'd rather be from Yakima so I'd be that much closer to the Walla Walla & Red Mountain appelations!
Old 02-22-2003, 11:24 PM
DangerIsland
Burning Brakes

Sign me up! We shouldn't exclude the NA, S, S2, and 968 people though, there aren't THAT many turbos around here. You don't happen to work downtown, do you Fonck? There's a 951 that I'm curious about that parks in my garage downtown.

A Canada trip would be fun, or somewhere on highway 20 once it's clear, that's pretty central to the BC and WA people. I know a sweet little cabin up there, sleeps lots. We could cruise up to Winthrop some night and hang out. Highway 20 is one of the best drives in the area.
Old 02-23-2003, 01:00 AM
Randy_J
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
take a look at photos from our drives last fall - click on the URL's below
Old 02-23-2003, 11:48 AM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Hmm. I might drive my g/f up to Whistler today, just for kicks. It's a gorgeous day, and I could take picks for all ya Washingtonion's down there who've never been.
Old 02-23-2003, 05:19 PM
Fonck
Intermediate

Arrow

Randy_J when is the Vancouver crew doing their next meet/drive?

Those of us in the Seattle area, including Danger, should meet sometime soon...perhaps in the parking lot next to the Leschi Bar & Grill on Lake Washington. I'll put a post on the non-turbo 944 site as well to see if there is significant interest. Anyone know if this gathering can be facilitated through the PNWR club?
Old 02-23-2003, 11:00 PM
K27
Burning Brakes

We have been tossing around the idea of a run to Baker but I would like to see the weather warm up a little first, will keep you all posted.
Lance
Old 02-24-2003, 12:45 AM
Randy_J
Three Wheelin'

Rich, it was -17C up top on Whistler today! Fonck - are you PCA member? They have Whistler drives scheduled. We haven't set any dates for 914/944/951/968 drive yet.
Old 02-24-2003, 01:37 AM
Fonck
Intermediate

I just became a PCA, PNWR & Rennlist member about a week ago after buying the car 2 weeks ago. The car used to belong to the head driving instructor for the PNWR Porsche Club.

Rich, the Mount Baker trip sounds like a great idea...maybe stop in Glacier for a beer. Definitely need to wait a couple months for that trip though. If anyone needs any parts we could stop at my uncle's wrecking yard, Gundy's, on Mount Baker Highway just outside of Bellingham! :-)
Old 02-24-2003, 01:57 AM
Randy_J
Three Wheelin'

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Fonck:
<strong>I just became a PCA, PNWR & Rennlist member about a week ago after buying the car 2 weeks ago. The car used to belong to the head driving instructor for the PNWR Porsche Club.

Rich, the Mount Baker trip sounds like a great idea...maybe stop in Glacier for a beer. Definitely need to wait a couple months for that trip though. If anyone needs any parts we could stop at my uncle's wrecking yard, Gundy's, on Mount Baker Highway just outside of Bellingham! :-)</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Fonck, contact the PCA-CWR and ask about Bob's Breakfast Club events.... early morning (really early sometimes) drives...

Gundy's have any Porsche parts???
Old 02-24-2003, 12:12 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Next time we do a group drive, I'm gonna fill my behind-the-wheel cubby holes with ice, pop, brewskies, and snacks.
Old 02-24-2003, 01:21 PM
IanM
Burning Brakes

Hi Guys!
The first BBC (Bob's Breakfast Club) drive is on Saturday April 12th. I for one would be interested in a PacNW get together sooner than that! How about early March, say Saturday March 8th? Mt. Baker would probably be too snowy, but a drive up to Whistler/Pemberton would be fun. What do you guys think?

We need a master list of everyone's email addresses!!! I've already got what I think is a pretty good partial list. Everyone interested in a get-together should email me at ianm@uniserve.com I'll then send out a group email, so we make sure we don't leave anyone out when we're planning these events.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:49 PM
guardsred951S
Racer

Well, count me in on whatever drivin' is in store. I'll have to do the migration across the pond but it'll be well worth the ride - I don't see many 951's around here! I'd love to meet up with a couple of rennlisters and go for a drive...

Quick Reply: Pacific NW 951 gathering?