Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

SDS questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2002, 03:00 PM
PrerYDoG
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will the SDS work with my stock injectors? I'm not upgrading anything else at this time (all I have currently is chips, as this is a new car). I plan on doing other stuff this winter (new wastegate, 3 inch exhaust all the way back, an MBC or EBC for now, and something larger than the K26/8 on there now later). If I'm not going to be upgrading the turbo until later, the stock injectors should flow enough unless I REALLY crank on the boost (which I wouldn't do because of the efficiency range of the turbo), right?
Old 05-27-2002, 03:07 PM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

Ski,
The two magnets are installed on the back side of the balance belt pulley. Yes, if you could get a pulley in advance and scribe a TDC reference 80 degrees advanced from the hall sensor location (see the SDS EM-3E/F manual on the SDS site) you could send it to SDS and they'll install the magnets. The harness can be ordered with a Bosch knock sensor conector and I think they program the ECU for the Bosch or maybe it already works. Anyway, I used my stock sensor. No, I haven't been to the dyno yet. June 8th is the day. \
Originally I used rage's ignition numbers straight up. But I was having some detonation (we're running some pretty serious advance) problems at torque peak (Duh!) so I've subsequently reduced my rpm ignition numbers across my estimated torque peak by 2 degrees (3250 to 4000 ) and that did the trick.
Old 05-27-2002, 04:22 PM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

[quote] the stock injectors should flow enough unless I REALLY crank on the boost (which I wouldn't do because of the efficiency range of the turbo), right? <hr></blockquote>
Right. It seems like 12-13 psi is my limit with stock injectors
Old 05-27-2002, 05:50 PM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

Russ, can you give me a copy of your current settings? I'd like to compare with what I have now. Thanks!
Old 05-27-2002, 08:59 PM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

No problem. Just email me something here: mesa@mvp.net
I don't have your email address here at home.
I'll attach the spreadsheet to the reply.

Quick Reply: SDS questions