Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Three 951's and a glass sunroof on Seattle Craigslist

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Crackership
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Three 951's and a glass sunroof on Seattle Craigslist

He all, I just happened to run across these listings on Seattle Craigslist this morning. I'm not in the market, but I figured I'd just give a heads-up.

I'm not affiliated with any of these sellers.

Balck '86 - $6499

Silver '88 (maybe S) with sport seats - $5900

White '86 - $9000

Glass Sunroof - $1499

As I said, I have no affiliation with any of these sellers, and I don't recognize any of the cars, but I figured someone might be interested.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:26 PM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

If that's a Saratoga top, the price is crazy high. I wonder if there was ever a factory Porsche optional glass roof for the 968 that might explain the uber-high price. Pics would be nice...
Old 10-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Baptizo
This didn't cost
me any drachmas
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I like that '88....
Old 10-11-2011, 02:42 AM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by zerMATT951
If that's a Saratoga top, the price is crazy high. I wonder if there was ever a factory Porsche optional glass roof for the 968 that might explain the uber-high price. Pics would be nice...

+1, maybe 10 years ago in perfect condition it might have gone for $1-1.25k. Not worth that much nowadays.

The 88 looks like it would be a decent pickup, especially if it were an S. So glad I don't have extra space or the money to pick it up.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:51 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Crackership
He all, I just happened to run across these listings on Seattle Craigslist this morning. I'm not in the market, but I figured I'd just give a heads-up.

I'm not affiliated with any of these sellers.

Balck '86 - $6499

Silver '88 (maybe S) with sport seats - $5900

White '86 - $9000

Glass Sunroof - $1499

As I said, I have no affiliation with any of these sellers, and I don't recognize any of the cars, but I figured someone might be interested.
I highly doubt that's an S ... both the interior and the wheels are wrong and the price would be a very attractive, too attractive
Yea I agree on the sunroof would love to have one but that price is nuts
Regards
Ed
Old 10-11-2011, 09:48 AM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Ed, what's different about the S interior? Should it be two-tone? I agree about the wheels... I can't imaging why someone swapped Club Sports for 928 wheels even though they are forged too.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Crackership
Rennlist Member

I thought the price was pretty high for the glass roof... never shopped for them before, so I didn't know for sure, but it's definitely more than I would ever pay for one.

I'm curious too, Ed... what's the tell that it's not an S?
Old 10-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zerMATT951
Ed, what's different about the S interior? Should it be two-tone? I agree about the wheels... I can't imaging why someone swapped Club Sports for 928 wheels even though they are forged too.
The seats and the door cards are done in plaid fabric
The Stock TS wheels are much nicer IMO and really go with the distinct look of the TS ...

I thought the price was pretty high for the glass roof... never shopped for them before, so I didn't know for sure, but it's definitely more than I would ever pay for one.

I'm curious too, Ed... what's the tell that it's not an S?
Other than what I said above .. not much. It's just not likely that someone would change out both the wheels ( which go on a 928 ) and the interior and finally the price ... But ya never know.... People have done stranger things
Another thing to check is the front brakes, ,which would be the larger S4 brakes ...
I always wanted one of those tops, but that one is almost 2x what I have seen them sell for, usually around 600- 800....
Best regards
Ed
Old 10-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Crackership
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
The seats and the door cards are done in plaid fabric
The Stock TS wheels are much nicer IMO and really go with the distinct look of the TS ...
I know the silver rose TS's had the plaid seats and door cards, but I'm under the impression that there were non-silver rose '88 TS's as well. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I know the wheels aren't right, but it's not like he'd be the first to have questionable taste in wheels.

What makes me think it's not an S is that there's no "S" after the "Turbo" badge on the back. I was under the impression that all '88 TS's had the badge.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Scott72
Intermediate

In 88 the first 700+ where silver rose with the plaid interior. The last 800 or so could be ordered in other colors/combos. No S on the back of the Turbo badge - same badge as non S cars.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

I know the silver rose TS's had the plaid seats and door cards, but I'm under the impression that there were non-silver rose '88 TS's as well. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I know the wheels aren't right, but it's not like he'd be the first to have questionable taste in wheels.

What makes me think it's not an S is that there's no "S" after the "Turbo" badge on the back. I was under the impression that all '88 TS's had the badge.
No it never had a badge with an S ... That paint also doesn't look like Silber Rosa but more like Zermatt Silver

Originally Posted by Scott72
In 88 the first 700+ where silver rose with the plaid interior. The last 800 or so could be ordered in other colors/combos. No S on the back of the Turbo badge - same badge as non S cars.
Yes no S on any Turbo
I have never hear of true S being any other color than Silber Rosa, but I am no expert....
The orig split I heard was 1000 to US, 500 to Europe ... Silver Rosa and Loaded with all options ( I think the only option was an equalizer?) That's the way my car came and I am the original owner
But Porsche really never sticks to what they say, so ya never know ...
Regards
Ed
Old 10-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My '88 TS is Guards Red, they definitely offered them in other colors.

Took a little hunting but here is a breakdown of every color offered on 88 TSes halfway down this page:

http://webspace.webring.com/people/i...roduction.html
Old 10-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scott H
My '88 TS is Guards Red, they definitely offered them in other colors.

Took a little hunting but here is a breakdown of every color offered on 88 TSes halfway down this page:

http://webspace.webring.com/people/i...roduction.html
Hi Scott
I am a bit suspect of those numbers ( as to the the fact that 1/2 of those S's are not Silber Rosa ...) But in truth I have nothing to back my opinion up
Still.... interesting
Regards
Ed
Old 10-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Scott72
Intermediate

I currently own two 88 Silver Rose Turbo'S. On all stock with 55K and the other with some modifications. The one option I haven't seen on the Silver Rose cars with Plaid interior is the "Sports Seat" option. All the cars I have seen have seen with plaid have the "comfort seat" option.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scott72
I currently own two 88 Silver Rose Turbo'S. On all stock with 55K and the other with some modifications. The one option I haven't seen on the Silver Rose cars with Plaid interior is the "Sports Seat" option. All the cars I have seen have seen with plaid have the "comfort seat" option.
When I ordered my car there was only one option available. It had to do with the stereo. I think it was an equalizer?
I have the orig sales brochure and it listed heated seats which never made it to this side of the pond ....

Quick Reply: Three 951's and a glass sunroof on Seattle Craigslist