Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

My 951 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003 | 12:35 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Unhappy My 951 for sale

I really hate this....I really do. Unfortunately fate has struck me several blows in the last 2 months that financially have removed the ability for me to continue to keep my 951. I would dearly love to keep her, but I can see no other way to keep my cash flow as positive as possible for the time being, especially with a move coming up later this year.

I'm going to start asking what he did and knowing what I have done in the last few months to make it better is I think plenty enough to ask the same.

The car is a 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo. It is Stone Gray Metallic. The car currently has about 116,000 miles. The previous owners have done quite a few upgrades to the car and I have expanded upon that a bit. The car had installed 1989 951 interior with 8-way power driver's and 4-way power passenger seats. The dash has no cracks and looks great and it has the 10-speaker system installed with an Alpine CD player and I'm told new speakers, although I've never removed the covers to see. There is some noticable wear on the driver's bolster, but not a huge amount. The only other interior foible are what look like 2 screw holes in the side of the center console beside the radio, probably for a car phone? I have installed a Lindsey gauge faceplate for the aftermarket boost guage and the MBC is installed in the glovebox off to the left side. The car has had 87 hubs, spindles, rotors, control arms and tie rod ends installed up front and hubs and control arms in the rear in the last couple of months as well as all new wheel bearings. Performance-wise the car has a Lindsey dual-port wastegate, stage I intercooler, Autothority Stage II chips installed. Under the car as well is the M030 white/yellow dot suspension from an 89 951 as well. The car is running on FRH International 17" Turbo Twist wheels with 235 tires up front and 255 out back with plenty of tread life on all of them at this point. The car also appears to have had an LSD transmission installed at some point as well. I have also installed the Euro driving/fog lights and it already had H4s installed. I LOVE the lights on this car!

I have a ton of receipts for the car from previous owners and dyno sheets done on the car at 101,000 miles before any engine mods were done and the engine was making 201 RWHP then. PPI by a mechanic who had never seen the car was done in January. The only real thing wrong with it right now is the A/C compressor has seized as the only other issue brought up was the ball joint which has since been replaced.

There are 116k miles worth of rock chips and a few small scratches and about 5 or 6 minor dings with no paint breakage (paintless dent removal should have no problem with them). I would have repainted the car in a year or so to deal with all of this, but now the point is moot.

I have taken about 200 pics of the car, so if anyone wants to see pictures, let me know.

I'm asking $9500 and this comes with the brand new Porsche 968CS steering wheel I just got for it. I will negotiate a bit lower without the wheel though.

If you have any questions at all about the car, please don't hesitate to ask.
Old 06-02-2003 | 12:38 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

PS....I'm not checking the boards very often, please email me directly at need4speed@prodigy.net or private message me.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: My 951 for sale