Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Bring her back to life, with some shiny new parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 01:35 PM
ChrisJ951
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
To add to ChirisJ951s post... EVERY new Tial WG comes with all the springs... Tial got tired of tech support and waranty work on their WGs fitted with aftermarket crap springs.. so they now include EVERY spring with a NIB WG... all 7 of them!

Pic is my 44mm Tial MV-R as delivered, shown next to a cig pack for scale!
Sorry to hijack- but John I'm curious as to what needed to be done to install that since the crossover doesn't have a v-band clamp?
Old 10-10-2011, 02:08 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ChrisJ951
Sorry to hijack- but John I'm curious as to what needed to be done to install that since the crossover doesn't have a v-band clamp?
The included flanges weld to the WG inlet and outlet pipes from the factory.. just cut off the factory 4 bolt flanges, and weld the V bang flanges in their place!
Old 12-05-2011, 04:14 PM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

You shouldn't have any trouble attaining the numbers you highlighted with the mods you're interested in doing.

Go with the Tial WG. I'm also a big fan of Vitesse's St 3 setup, but it may be a little tame for your liking (it quotes something like 320rwhp at 15lbs if you just bolt it on as-is). I'm running ~16.5 lbs, valve/headwork and SFR exhaust. I certainly like the setup -- it makes my car approx as quick as a stock C6 'vette, maybe a smidge quicker.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:21 AM
NEVA951
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is mine Tial 44
Old 12-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
Pic is my 44mm Tial MV-R as delivered, shown next to a cig pack for scale!
Attached Images
Hey John – leave the smoking to incorrectly installed turbos!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

I'll just get right to the list....

Originally Posted by Round3
  • pistons - I prefer Wossners – the company will make custom designs exactly as I spec them
  • connecting rods – The Wossner rods have just become available again. Nicer than the Carillos
  • 3.0l crankshaft – yes. Make sure you find a good one – they are all over 20 years old now!
  • camshafts – Don’t go wild here, the stock works well and there are some ‘mild’ improvements available – don’t go with a ‘race’ cam.
  • turbo? big question here – big questions with many answers. Either Vitesse as a bolt on or GTX series with many piping mods
  • MAF system – I would suggest a standalone set up…but I am biased!
  • exhaust system – many to choose from. The sound is a personal decision, but always remember that you will have to live with it. Many people go for the aggressive system that sounds great for the frist 10 minutes and then is a little annoying.
  • injectors – if stand alone I would go with the new 80lb high impedance Siemens injectors
  • what do you guys think of digital fuel pumps? - overkill
  • balance shaft delete kit? – no….No…NO….NO….NO….
  • stock bearings or aftermarket? – no choice, they are all made by Glyco
  • who should i get my valves from ? – also very little choice (due to odd stem diameter). The stock valve is a good piece, no need to replace unless you are doing some ‘real’ head work.
  • solid lifters for the higher rpms – no need. The only time I would even think about solid lifters is if you were going dry sump.
  • is it possible to lighten the harmonic balancer on these babies? – 2.5s do not have a harmonic balancer. S2 do, 968 do not. The proper way to do a 3.0 is to add an S2 harmonic balancer – no need to lighten it.
  • boost controller? – My current favorite is the Turbosmart Eboost2. Very flexible and lots of programming features. I use those or manual boost controllers. Tial wastegate is a must for best control
  • adjustable cam gear just for racing? – not really needed, especially if you go with a aftermarket cam.
  • does anyone know of a company or individual who can make me a custom ECU?what kind of head work should be done – Hmmm….standalone qualifies as a custom ECU! On head work I recommend either a simple multiangle valve job ($600-700) or a ‘real’ head mod and flow ($3500).
  • ideas of the lindsey oil seperator pump? – only needed on tired engines with excessive blow by.
  • cometic head gasket.... what is it? ive heard people throwing the words around – MLS (Multi Layered Steel) head gasket. Works well with newly machined surfaces. Works badly with old surfaces.
  • intake manifold work? – The stock unit is actually much better than most people like to believe. They are some ‘pretty’ ones available but the performance gain is not well documented.
  • wastegate? Tial.

absolutely any information you guys and possibly gals can provide me with would be greatly appreciated and would put Round3 back on the road snacking on vettes that much faster

also how to i increase my torque because torque wins races and horsepower sells cars
Torque increase is a function of displacement and EFFICIENCY. Getting all the right parts to work together makes a big difference. Several years ago I put together a 2.7 with a Vitesse turbo and cam along with the ‘real’ head work that made 440rwhp at a usable boost level (16 or 17, I forget). That was because it was designed for efficiency.
If you have any specific questions feel free to email or call
chris@944enhancement.com or 315-636-8716
Old 12-06-2011, 09:11 AM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

I was just speaking with Dave Lindsey the other day. They no longer have the Wolf3d. The US supplier for them is http://www.randomems.com/

I'm not sure if he is still making them.

You won't go wrong with either Lindsey Racing or Chris White.

My entire build is LR. I went a little nuts with my 3.0 but I had the money to do it.

If you want to save some tax ship your stuff to Calgary and save the 10% bend you over tax

Jason

Quick Reply: Bring her back to life, with some shiny new parts