Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

After many research of the tuner.... I decided....

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2002 | 10:52 PM
944SRFUN
AutoX

I have been working with Chris at Technodyne in AZ for the past 4 years on three different Porsches and he has always been terrific. His knowledge and workmenship in my experience has been outstanding. His pricing has always been fair (I didn't say cheap) and I have not regreted spending my money with him. Due to his efforts my cars have run very well on the street and track with no major failures.
Old 10-26-2002 | 12:57 AM
Pat Kennedy
Instructor

Yeah, I wish Technodyne or Area 951 (Scott Gomes) had a Midwest branch.

Anyone know of any 951 "par excellence" in the Midwest or Upper Midwest?
Old 10-26-2002 | 10:11 AM
C5Driver951
Racer

The best I've heard of in the upper Mid-West is Steinels (Clevland area). My car was serviced there prior to me purchasing it, and I know of a number of fast PCA club race cars based out of his shop. Don't be in a hurry from what I understand.

The guy that built Dave Schardt's car run's Sugercreek motorsports in Dayton, Ohio. Great guy, honest, and does excellent work. Mostly Porsche's, but does other makes too.
Old 10-26-2002 | 06:11 PM
Huntley Racing
Racer

Here are a few 951 Track cars we have built and/or suported:

There is a big difference between this kind of hands-on, long term experience and say a company who has only just bought a completed race car and dropped in a new motor and gone to one event. BIG difference.
Old 10-26-2002 | 06:16 PM
Huntley Racing
Racer

A few more:

Old 10-26-2002 | 06:26 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

[quote] There is a big difference between this kind of hands-on, long term experience and say a company who has only just bought a completed race car and dropped in a new motor and gone to one event. BIG difference. <hr></blockquote>

Dont forget its a N/A, prob quite a bit of difference than a purpose built turbocharged track car.
Old 10-26-2002 | 11:23 PM
Mike S.
Pro

Greenbeast,

Our local 951 (E class) PCA racer uses Steinels in Ohio and has very positive things to say about them.

I suggest you post this question on the Racing forum and also get in touch with some PCA racers in your area.

Mike
Old 10-26-2002 | 11:41 PM
Mike S.
Pro

Re: Anderson and Huntley...interesting reading on the current thread

Topic: How much power can be made with a k27-8

Mike
Old 10-27-2002 | 12:41 PM
Huntley Racing
Racer

Mike S. You have to better define the parameters. On a stock car with no other mods not much. On an MAF car with open exhaust and 20 PSI you will see 330 at the wheels. There are some K27 dyno charts on our website for your review.
Old 10-27-2002 | 06:39 PM
BCAT
Advanced

Cool

Hey greenbeast, I purchased a HR #4MAF, AVC-R,coilovers, stage 2 Turbo from Derrek about three years ago and had Auto Assets in Columbus, OH install the stuff. It works great/ no problems other than the O2 sensor. I took it to Mid-Ohio for a drivers ed with Chip/Auto Assets and it was awesome. I was pulling away from Z-06s and 993C4s.
Old 10-27-2002 | 09:45 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

My experience wasn't as pleasent with Steinel's as some of the others. When I brought my 87 944 Turbo in for some engine work. They pretty much told me the car was not worth fixing and it would cost close to 5k to diagnose a coolant mixing problem . After that kind of repair I decided just to purchase another 944 and asked them if they had any leads to a goof foundation. Eric, if I remember correctly is the owner and he gave me a lead to a car that I currently now own. Well to make a long story short, I live about 3 hours from Steinel's so my car was sitting there for a couple of weeks or so until I could pick up which was fine with Eric. When I went to pick up the car it was sitting outside next to his junkers because they had just had the asphalt redone. When the car was sitting out there, it got this asphalt (black top) dust all over the paint of my car and it baked right in (summer sun). What really pee'd me of is that they had covers on all there junk cars but mine. And when I mean junks cars, I mean cars with no doors engines, and hoods. Maybe its because I was college student and he felt he could treat the younger people as not imporant customers?! Till this day I still own that car and decided to repair it myself. It turned out it just needed oil cooler seals. Even after 25+ washes and tuns of wax it still has that asphalt dust on it. They lost a customer.
Old 10-27-2002 | 11:15 PM
greenbeast
Intermediate

I decided to deal with Anderson!!

I'll post the results of the car later...

Thanks!!!!
Old 10-28-2002 | 12:04 AM
tecart
Pro

ive had perfect dealings with huntley and derrick and also john anderson and tim richards, hard to reach derrick sometines though, but once hes on the phone he wont hang up until all your questions are answered, john anderson really knows these cars in and out, also david raines at powerhaus is very informative on building motors of 2.8 to 3.0 liters, id trust all the above
Old 10-28-2002 | 02:44 PM
Mike S.
Pro

[quote]Originally posted by Huntley Racing:
<strong>Mike S. You have to better define the parameters. On a stock car with no other mods not much. On an MAF car with open exhaust and 20 PSI you will see 330 at the wheels. There are some K27 dyno charts on our website for your review.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Derrick,

I thought greenbeast would benefit from reading the exchange of information between you, John Anderson, and Danno. I neither have done business nor know any of you folks (tuners) and thought the exchange was beneficial for him to see.

Mike
Old 10-28-2002 | 02:50 PM
Mike S.
Pro

double reply

Quick Reply: After many research of the tuner.... I decided....