Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

low boost

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2002 | 07:32 PM
greg rx2
Intermediate

Post low boost

i have a 944 turbo s and just finished a alternator replacement and along the way i had to replace the intake boot also with the 3 hoses coming out of it. what do the 2 smaller ones control becuz i think the clamps i used aren't quite tight enough as they bottom out so i can't tell how tight they are. and i just took it for a ride and the boost comes on but will only boost to 1.3 and before the repair it would go to almost 2. so i am thinking vacumm leak somewhere.
but in case that is not the problem where do i start looking for the leak that would control the boost? as you all know it is like spaghetti looking at all of those lines and hoses. any other thought are welcome.
Old 10-22-2002 | 04:39 AM
951Gary
Instructor

1.3 is suspiciously close to the electronic boost limp mode of 1.2 bar which is controlled by the KLR leaving the cycling valve in the "normally open" position. This might happen if the lead to your coolant temp sender or the lead to the cycling valve were loosened during your work. Lack of a (near) full throttle signal would do that do.
Gary

Quick Reply: low boost