Special Tool information

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 12:13 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reno808
i was there and made a video. let me look for it
Reno, I appreciate the effort but all I see is him spinning on the dyno and driving with wheel spin. He has done these things many times. AND I actually believe he made his 500+ power. Unfortunately the videos prove nothing towards a 602 whp number. AND I still doubt his 600hp numbers ONLY because his dyno chart was so obviously drawn in. Otherwise I would not have questioned it. This is truly the only reason I am doubtful and why I am certainly open to proof he did make this number.

I have been lied to / fooled by better and more respectable in the past. So this scenario would not surprise me.

Now tell me honestly Reno808, were you there watching the dyno computer screen when/if he dynod the 602hp? Or was this (videos you made) when he made his 500 and change?

Originally Posted by lart951
wow, kick the guy while he is on the floor, all of this because he is openly gay and now drives a 928,
OMFG. That is not funny at all. For anyone on this thread, that would be funny. even if you said it about me. I would HAVE to laugh.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:29 AM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

corn fail?

LOL this thread is special, corn oil not working, let me try again
Old 09-26-2011, 02:18 AM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow, kick the guy while he is on the floor, all of this because he is openly gay and now drives a 928,

redundant!
Old 09-26-2011, 10:41 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 95ONE
Reno, I appreciate the effort but all I see is him spinning on the dyno and driving with wheel spin. He has done these things many times. AND I actually believe he made his 500+ power. Unfortunately the videos prove nothing towards a 602 whp number. AND I still doubt his 600hp numbers ONLY because his dyno chart was so obviously drawn in. Otherwise I would not have questioned it. This is truly the only reason I am doubtful and why I am certainly open to proof he did make this number.

I have been lied to / fooled by better and more respectable in the past. So this scenario would not surprise me.

Now tell me honestly Reno808, were you there watching the dyno computer screen when/if he dynod the 602hp? Or was this (videos you made) when he made his 500 and change?
I see what your saying. but you can see the screen of the graph is the same as the one he scanned. I was there i was the one holding the camera. I also have a few other rennlisters car videos of that same dyno and there dyno sheets as well. I can post those here as well. i have more footage of his car then my own. I can post videos all day long along with pictures. Thats a pretty respectable dyno place as well. The guy that owns that dyno has several mustang 1/4mi titles as well. I tend to follow that crowd since i love mustangs and i have 67 fastback with alot of work done to it.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:59 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mudbuddha
LOL this thread is special, corn oil not working, let me try again
HAHAHAHA!!!!

You have to use cornHOLE oil for this thread and it has to be AMSOIL 'cause everyone knows it's the best and only oil! All teh other oil is pixie dust and will make us engine blowed up!
Old 09-26-2011, 11:03 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by azbanks
redundant!
HAHAHA!
Attached Images  
Old 09-26-2011, 11:55 AM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Aww ,hell I wana play to! Awarded to Speed Force Racing, BroadFoot Racing and Special Tool for under whelming and **** Poor customer Support!

Old 09-26-2011, 01:31 PM
mverick160
Intermediate

Cam installed isn't the same as he used on the run. This one has more lift. Intake was supposed to be port matched to this head. Hard to do when he doesn't have the head. And to straighten out the flows you'd have to flow test intake while on head. The heads are just augered out with no respect of flow. Lots of metal left in flow path and looks like it was done by an epileptic with a dremel. Really messed up. I specificly told him no dyno queen head. I was looking for 500hp. Hr said he had a smaller cam. It ended up being larger cam. The only way this head makes horsepower is huge boost to overcome the crappy head work. Not to mention on consistent flow from port to port.

But. Don't care anymore. Just want the money owed for non shipment of other parts. He's actually told me he shipped many times. Sent me a track number for one part and then said the other parts were lost in mail but couldn't supply any other tracking numbers. That was about a year ago. He's has to be the biggest phony piece of crap I've ever done business with. Lies about everything. And I mean everything.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:45 PM
944V8inDFW
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mverick160
. Lots of metal left in flow path and looks like it was done by an epileptic with a dremel. .

#winning
Old 09-26-2011, 01:51 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Cam installed isn't the same as he used on the run. This one has more lift. Intake was supposed to be port matched to this head. Hard to do when he doesn't have the head. And to straighten out the flows you'd have to flow test intake while on head. The heads are just augered out with no respect of flow. Lots of metal left in flow path and looks like it was done by an epileptic with a dremel. Really messed up. I specificly told him no dyno queen head. I was looking for 500hp. Hr said he had a smaller cam. It ended up being larger cam. The only way this head makes horsepower is huge boost to overcome the crappy head work. Not to mention on consistent flow from port to port.

But. Don't care anymore. Just want the money owed for non shipment of other parts. He's actually told me he shipped many times. Sent me a track number for one part and then said the other parts were lost in mail but couldn't supply any other tracking numbers. That was about a year ago. He's has to be the biggest phony piece of crap I've ever done business with. Lies about everything. And I mean everything.
Sorry that happened Dude. ST not taking care of business is old news around here, unfortunately.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:44 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but I can make a mustang dyne give you any result you want to see out of any car. The settings are easily changed in the parameter screen to output higher or lower than actual numbers and graphs, so video of the screen shot really wouldn't prove anything. Dyno numbers.....take them with a grain of salt.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:55 PM
mverick160
Intermediate

With how this head flowed on a bench. I'd say no freaking way. Flow numbers are a mess. I can fill it and smooth it, but for the cost of another head, just easier to rework a different one. It literally stuffs 2 cylinders when the flow comes up. I mean ports not cylinders. As you increase pressure through flow, the turbulence causes a stuffing. Never seen one do that. The shop laughed about it. Worst port job ever was there remark.

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but I can make a mustang dyne give you any result you want to see out of any car. The settings are easily changed in the parameter screen to output higher or lower than actual numbers and graphs, so video of the screen shot really wouldn't prove anything. Dyno numbers.....take them with a grain of salt.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:56 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
Life is sad, tool was a nice guy, never gave me the impression that he was a scammer, as a matter of fact he was my personal advisor in my short tenure as a Bell councilmen.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:58 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

With how this head flowed on a bench. I'd say no freaking way. Flow numbers are a mess. I can fill it and smooth it, but for the cost of another head, just easier to rework a different one. It literally stuffs 2 cylinders when the flow comes up. I mean ports not cylinders. As you increase pressure through flow, the turbulence causes a stuffing. Never seen one do that. The shop laughed about it. Worst port job ever was there remark.
Now on the serious note, how long ago was this, can you still take him to court?
Old 09-26-2011, 03:05 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Life is sad, tool was a nice guy, never gave me the impression that he was a scammer, as a matter of fact he was my personal advisor in my short tenure as a Bell councilmen.

Quick Reply: Special Tool information