Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Running MUCH better~

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002 | 12:52 AM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Post Running MUCH better~

new injectors are in and the car runs a million times better.now it just comes down to screwing with the fuel controller. Im new at this....... I seem to have a good idle mixture (fuel is at 2.5 bar) and the General mixture feels good, but it want's to bogg around 4k under a load. If you feather into it though, it pulls right through>>>>>>>>>>>all the way to redline (very smoothly too!). THe Power is extremely linear. It doesn't feel like their is any "retarding" going on, no Knock what so ever, it smells "lean" though.

I guess I should play with it some more (sounds like fun ). SHe pulls like a train and screams like a bitch on the rag (oppps, sorry I should have used a euphamism but I think that is the best possible description)

SHould I try bumping up Fuel Pressure? I am testing at about 12psi and have no AFM. I will be dyno tuning next week (hopefully!!!)

I will have picks up as soon as possible.

BTW, I am Very happy with RC engineer (although they recommended the wrong impedence , they had ABSOLUTLEY no problem shipping me out a new set of what I wanted! (and over night both times) that and the girl behind the desk sounds "hot as HELL!" They gave me flow testing info and literature on both sets of injectors as they arrived.
Old 05-17-2002 | 12:58 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yeah,,wait until the dyno. I've quit messing with mine so much,,got it 90-95% on the boost at 16psi. But still maxing on the injector duty cycle. So I have dyno time booked in a week and half and will have Dwain at Vision on the cell phone as we do the runs to help the tuner "tune". Besides the weather has gotten good and its time the get the MasterCraft on the slalom course!
Old 05-17-2002 | 04:58 AM
SamGrant951
Race Director

good luck luke!!!!! put down some solid #'s (yes i am drunk...a friends 21st tonight)
Old 05-17-2002 | 04:12 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

[quote]Originally posted by SamGrant951:
<strong>good luck luke!!!!! put down some solid #'s (yes i am drunk...a friends 21st tonight)</strong><hr></blockquote>

you still type better than I do
Old 05-17-2002 | 04:23 PM
special tool
Banned

Luke - have you been "tuning" for the last 24 hours?
Old 05-18-2002 | 01:23 AM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

yes, I still am. I have a nasty "rich" spot in the midrange, or maybe it's a transition problem between the 2 controls. It's getting better. I'ma gonna pick me up an A/F meter tomorrow and I will be Dyno tuning next week
Old 05-18-2002 | 11:12 AM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

[quote] SHe pulls like a train and screams like a bitch on the rag (oppps, sorry I should have used a euphamism but I think that is the best possible description) <hr></blockquote>

You really think that's the best possible description? How about "he whines like a punk who's ********* haven't descended yet".
Or "he squeals like a little baby who got his toy taken away from him". I don't know about you, but I have strong, proud women who take take of me and they sure as hell wouldn't appreciate language/attitude like that and I'll bet any women in your life wouldn't either. Not to mention the women that participate on the List.
Old 05-18-2002 | 11:41 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Luke,,that nasty rich spot - aren't you running APE standard K27 software or did you get SFR software? Just curious because APE is known to be rich in the midrange and then lean out at higher rpms.
Old 05-18-2002 | 04:56 PM
Water944t
Pro

[quote]Originally posted by Russ Murphy:
<strong>

You really think that's the best possible description? How about "he whines like a punk who's ********* haven't descended yet".
</strong><hr></blockquote>

ROFL!

Strong, proud women rule. (Unless you want a *******, and they aint in the mood. Then you sometimes wish for a compliant ****.)

Who are you married to? Tawnae Kitain?

"Mama's gonna knock you out, say Mama's gonna knock you out"
Old 05-18-2002 | 05:17 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Since we are totally off the topic, I always wanted to know the answer to this.

Samgrant951, you have Evansville/Muncie on you postings? How can that be?

Driving directions from Evansville to Muncie.
Old 05-18-2002 | 06:00 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

College in one local, home at the other local I'd guess.
Old 05-18-2002 | 09:56 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

[quote]Originally posted by Ski:
<strong>Hey Luke,,that nasty rich spot - aren't you running APE standard K27 software or did you get SFR software? Just curious because APE is known to be rich in the midrange and then lean out at higher rpms.</strong><hr></blockquote>

they are huntley chips for a k26 car. THat's probably the problem..... Where can I get better software?
Old 05-19-2002 | 04:10 AM
Gary
Instructor

[quote]Originally posted by Luke:
<strong>

they are huntley chips for a k26 car. THat's probably the problem..... Where can I get better software?</strong><hr></blockquote>
Old 05-19-2002 | 04:13 AM
Gary
Instructor

[quote]Originally posted by Gary:
[QB][/QB]<hr></blockquote>

Luke,

HR chips run rich across the board which should make it easier to tune down the mixture across the board unlike the APE chips which will mean a lean spot up top.

This is my understanding of the difference anyway. (I have both sets and have used them but until I get my MAF, I'll stick with the APE since they're more fun).
Old 05-19-2002 | 02:15 PM
3 Turbos

Luke,

I had this same problem:

"but it want's to bogg around 4k under a load. If you feather into it though, it pulls right through&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;all the way to redline (very smoothly too!). THe Power is extremely linear.

Althought the clamp looked good, the intercooler hose was not clamped tight enough around the pipe. As the clamp was already bottomed out. Couldn't tighten it any more.

Check it out, it is the clamp on the intercooler pipe. The pipe on the left with the banjo bolt connected to it when looking at the engine.

Hope it helps, fixed mine and two other 951's, must be more pressure in that area? I replaced with an american standard 2.25" hose clamp.

Ah, it pulls like a freight train again!

Quick Reply: Running MUCH better~