Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Valve came out of my wastgate and into exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2002 | 10:42 PM
Alpine951
Drifting

Post Valve came out of my wastgate and into exhaust

Yup, all of a sudden the other day I had no boost. Only went to 1 bar on the stock gauge. I took the wastegate off and the vavlve is gone. I fished it out of the dump pipe that is part of the converter. I screwded it back into the diaphram and it seem as thought the diaphram is OK. I pulled on the valve and stuck my tongue on the boost port. When I let go the valve popped back. Not labratory scientific but it seem OK. Only way to tell is to put it back on. Over the last few months it seemed like the boost was not as hard even thought the stock gauge would hit 2 bar. I bought an aftermarket gauge a few weeks ago, but its not in yet. If I put some loctite on the threaded end of the valve, will this be OK?
Old 05-16-2002 | 11:58 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ahhh... I would get a new one, or aftermarket replacement. That valve should not just fall out, and the stock ones are not rebuildable. It is very possible if you are not having correct boost, the valve is not seating.
Old 05-17-2002 | 10:06 AM
Toolmaster
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

If you need a stock wastegate, or a new valve, let me know... I have a stock gate I can let go for cheap that'll come with a spare good diaphram and a spare valve.

My stock gate doesn't work in a higher HP situation. A little higher. <BEG>

More info on that to follow soon.

HTH

Quick Reply: Valve came out of my wastgate and into exhaust