Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Can you put a bov on a 951??

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 01:38 AM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That makes sense ! thanks. I had to go through HELL, to plumb mine back in. (pics soon)
Old 05-18-2002, 09:37 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"How much hp/tq differences are there o te BOV as opposed to a cycling valve?"

Huh???? These are two completely different parts performing two completely different functions.

The stock compressor bypass valve only comes into play when you let off the gas between shifts. As such, changing it out for a BOV won't do a single thing for increasing performance. Although a bad one might cause a decrease in HP compared to stock...

BTW, I noticed that a Ferrari F-40 uses a cycling-valve to control boost...
Old 05-18-2002, 11:35 PM
Redeye
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Danno,
I'm going to be running a TEC 3 or DTA p8pro and use it to control boost as well. My question is can I eliminate the cycling valve all togather and if so, what is involved in that process?
Thanks,
Dan
Old 05-19-2002, 03:03 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, you can control boost with the TEC or DTA units if they come with a boost-control solenoid. If not, you can use the stock cycling-valve.

Also remember that the boost-control mechanism works in opposite ways with the stock vs. aftermarket wastegates. You add pressure to the stock wastegate to open it whereas with an aftermarket dual-port one, you decrease pressure to the diaphram to open it.

There's nothing wrong with the stock cycling-valve really. It's just the KLR programming that sucks. Even the Ferrari F-40 uses a cycling-valve:

Quick Reply: Can you put a bov on a 951??