Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Baptizo
This didn't cost
me any drachmas
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Mid-Ohio this weekend.

Anyone planning to be at the EMCO Gears Classic Rolex SC Series race this weekend @ Mid-Ohio?

I'm going for the first time - never seen a Rolex race in person nor ever been to MO (seen it several times since we have a cell tower w/in a mile of the track).

Any suggestions on where to setup to watch the race? I have a Paddock pass and plan to visit a RL team that's competing in the GS class.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:08 PM
SirLapsalot
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

I like to watch from the top of the hill at madness but always walk around to other random places throughout the race.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Baptizo
This didn't cost
me any drachmas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SirLapsalot
I like to watch from the top of the hill at madness but always walk around to other random places throughout the race.
Cool, thanks!
Old 09-16-2011, 10:22 PM
SirLapsalot
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Also its good you have a paddock pass because the best part about going to the races is walking around and watching the cars being prepared before the race then getting back before the cars are done with their cool down laps to watch them all roll in and see any of the carnage.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Baptizo
This didn't cost
me any drachmas
Rennlist Member

I'm really stoked about seeing the DP's...they're amazing machines.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:59 AM
951Saga
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’m a spotter for the announcer at turn 8, (Madness), great place to watch! Stop by our perch and chat for a few.

Also if you can, bring an FM headset and listen to the four announcers on channel 90.3, unless they change it again, ask at the gate to be sure. This really helps you follow the race when the action is out of view.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Baptizo
This didn't cost
me any drachmas
Rennlist Member

Both races were awesome to watch (I must have walked the whole course 5 times) and the icing on the cake was getting to take two laps with the PCA & Mazda Club.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:13 PM
grayman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by derekc23
Both races were awesome to watch (I must have walked the whole course 5 times) and the icing on the cake was getting to take two laps with the PCA & Mazda Club.
Hey Derek, was your 944 parked at the Porsche Corral? I was there in a Meridian 996 Turbo. Good race, and great season finish for Brumos. Good time at the Action Express garage tour. We talked to David Donahue for the longest time, a real gentleman.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Baptizo
This didn't cost
me any drachmas
Rennlist Member

Yes, that was my red 951 parked there in the afternoon after I "found" the Porsche Corral while checking out the other car clubs nearby and saw a GT3.

Will from Bexley (a very nice gentleman who drove a white 911) told me about all of the cool Porsche tours I had missed out on earlier in the day. So, I've signed up with the PCA (Trina hooked me up) so I don't miss out on anymore of the cool stuff!
Old 09-19-2011, 04:57 PM
grayman
Advanced

Originally Posted by derekc23
Yes, that was my red 951 parked there in the afternoon after I "found" the Porsche Corral while checking out the other car clubs nearby and saw a GT3.

Will from Bexley (a very nice gentleman who drove a white 911) told me about all of the cool Porsche tours I had missed out on earlier in the day. So, I've signed up with the PCA (Trina hooked me up) so I don't miss out on anymore of the cool stuff!
my wife an I have been with the Mid Ohio PCA since 2003 and have attended many fun events. Northern Ohio PCA also has great people and good events. Right now we are thinking about driving to Georgia for the Road Atlanta ALMS race. We've been before, and it is a great venue and race.

By the way, we went to the qualifying on Friday, and took the 944 Turbo S to that.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:12 PM
Crackership
Rennlist Member

You know, it's crazy, but before purchasing my 951 and becoming part of this community, I'd never really thought of Ohio as a "place to go"... but, between events like this and 944fest, I'm finding myself more and more frustrated at the miles between here and there.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Baptizo
This didn't cost
me any drachmas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by grayman
my wife an I have been with the Mid Ohio PCA since 2003 and have attended many fun events. Northern Ohio PCA also has great people and good events. Right now we are thinking about driving to Georgia for the Road Atlanta ALMS race. We've been before, and it is a great venue and race.

By the way, we went to the qualifying on Friday, and took the 944 Turbo S to that.
I knew I should have tried to get over there in the afternoon on Friday during qualifying and was literally within a 1/2 mile AND drove right by the track - twice. But, I couldn't get away from work (wireless) due to a training class I was required to attend while on the road.

If I could justify driving the 951 down to Atlanta, I'd go, too. That event sounds like a lot of fun!
Old 09-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Baptizo
This didn't cost
me any drachmas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Crackership
You know, it's crazy, but before purchasing my 951 and becoming part of this community, I'd never really thought of Ohio as a "place to go"... but, between events like this and 944fest, I'm finding myself more and more frustrated at the miles between here and there.

Haha, I never thought I'd like living in Ohio (from down south) but I've worked in this state since 2003 and really love it here.

Quick Reply: Mid-Ohio this weekend.