Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New problem...seems like clutch slave cylinder ( a little ranting too!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 12:21 AM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New problem...seems like clutch slave cylinder ( a little ranting too!)

Sunday I repaired/replaced the trans cooler pump cover (the gasket even came off in one piece!). No leaks, topped off the fluid..good to go.

I was replacing the CV bolts (they came loose and one broke) and that is how my pump cover got broke...from one of the load bearing straps spinning around.

AnywayIi took the car to the dealership I work for after the repair as it was difficult for me on my back to remove the broken CV bolt. I have a guy I trust to work on the car. It's much easier for him on a lift!

I went to pick up the car and about had a s%$t fit as soon as I walked up to the car...they had obviously driven it through the automatic carwash...the mirrors were all folded over and the tires freshly dressed...geez thanks (the F&%Ckin car is ALWAYS clean!). New service writer apparently lacks common car sense and turned the keys over to a minimum wage car wash guy who dragged the car through the machine. Ugh...

Straightened the mirrors and got in the car....seat all moved (and not just backwards...changed the tilt and everything..that shouldn't have happened either.

Alright rant over (for now)..here is the problem: Car wouldn't go into gear! I confess I about blew a gasket...OK I did! Checked the mileage and the car was still within a mile of when I turned it in and I Didn't smell clutch. When i start the car in gear it tries to move...so the clutch is not fully disengaging. I would assume the clutch slave cylinder has failed? Giving them the benefit of the doubt I assume this is coincidence.

Rant back on...I was told I should have been clear that no one was to drive my car...WTF? I've had the car in the shop a dozen times the past couple years. This new guy takes upon himself to have the car ground through the car wash by some minimum wage guy...sorry, NO common car sense! BTW, the GM is an avid car collector and big time P-car guy...no way in hell he would have been OK with that. It goes without saying ONE guy touched his car! Same with me!

Oh and one last thing....went to install the front tow hook so they can tow it into the shop and the (insert bad word here) cover was eaten by the automatic car wash...I searched for it and found all kinds of tidbits from other cars...just not my missing piece.

A little ticked off this evening.

Old 09-14-2011, 12:28 AM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

What flavor air freshener did they give you after the car wash?

(sorry, I couldn't help myself... I hope the clutch slave fix goes smoothly!)
Old 09-14-2011, 01:12 AM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

LOL
Originally Posted by zerMATT951
What flavor air freshener did they give you after the car wash?

(sorry, I couldn't help myself... I hope the clutch slave fix goes smoothly!)
Old 09-14-2011, 01:46 AM
Crackership
Rennlist Member

That sucks! I'm sorry!

Back in high school, I worked as a detailer at a Ford dealer and they had an automatic car wash there...

On the last day that I worked there, a Saleen Mustang came in for a detail... I told the GM that it should not go through the automatic car wash because it would be damaged. The GM basically told me to shut up and go wash the car the same way every other car got washed. So, I said, "ok, but remember, if anything happens to it, you told me to do it".

Sure as $h!t, on the second pass, the dryer mechanism PICKED THE CAR UP BY THE SPOILER AND RIPPED THE TRUNK LID OFF!!!

Later that day, the GM called me into his office and asked me to apologize to the owner of the car... so I said "sir, I'm terribly sorry for what happened to your car, but I told this idiot that taking it through the automatic car wash would damage it. But he told me to do it anyway..." As I said, that was the last day I worked there...

Quick Reply: New problem...seems like clutch slave cylinder ( a little ranting too!)