Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Picked up my BroadFoot exhaust today!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Picked up my BroadFoot exhaust today!

I placed the order for this a monthish ago after looking at every possible exhaust option out there on the market. My priorities were that it had to be 3", it had to be stainless, and most of all, affordable. I felt SFR and FabSpeed cost too much, and I didn't want a mild steel system so Lindsey was out. I looked on eBay and found a 944 Turbo cat-back from Broadfoot listed at $389 new (I've seen them pop up again from time to time for the same price). It seemed to tick all the boxes I wanted: stainless, quality, and most of all, affordable. I contacted Broadfoot to see if he could do an entire exhaust and sure enough after exchanging a few emails (always with prompt replies) he set me up with exactly what I wanted and then some. It's better quality than anything else on the market (IMO, you be the judge), and at a price ~30% cheaper compared to a similar setup at SFR.

What I got:

3" Downpipe, 321SS
3" Cat by-pass with no WG tie in, NO CRAPPY AUTOZONE EXHAUST FLANGE!!! but instead a nice V-Band.
3" Cat-Back with a Sebring Tuning muffler (a fully SS muffler, inside and out). This and the cat bypass are 304SS.

In addition the flanges are 1/2" as opposed to the usual 3/8", and stainless steel instead of plated mild steel. The system is truly 100% stainless. The flanges for hanging the exhaust are nice and beefy, I grabbed onto one thinking "hey I should be able to make this bend a little bit." Nope, zero movement. Included all gaskets (OEM crush rings and 1 aftermarket between the cat bypass and cat back) and hardware.

I know Broadfoot doesn't have the best reputation around here, but I encountered nothing in my business with them that would lead me to say anything but positive things. In fact, I can say I will use Broadfoot in the future without question. I placed my order and was quoted 2-3weeks, the 2nd week I got a call saying there was a mix-up at their flange manufacturer and there would be a slight delay which ended up being 1 more week. I got the call Wednesday saying it was all done and drove up to Jacksonville today and picked it up. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with Broadfoot again, Albert really knows his stuff and makes quality parts for a reasonable price.

And now the best part: pictures!

(Looking down the tail pipe is like looking down the barrel of a gun... very cool)

Now the bad part: I have to wait until I put the car back together to hear it, but I'll be hanging the cat-back on the car as I have nowhere to store it (plus I want to see what the car looks like with the 4" tail pipe )

If anyone wants pictures of anything specific let me know and I'll see what I can do. For more information from the horse's mouth see BF's Exhaust page: http://www.broadfootracing.com/944___968_exhaust.htm
Old 09-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Rob 3
Rennlist Member

Nice, almost a shame to put it on the car
Old 09-09-2011, 11:27 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,156 Likes on 571 Posts

I was very happy with my 3" Broadfoot cat-back exhaust. The Sebring gives a nice tone to the car
Old 09-09-2011, 11:44 PM
smac951
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow! Very nice!!!
Old 09-10-2011, 12:22 AM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Post a vid of how it sounds when your done
Old 09-10-2011, 12:44 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

I've been waiting since May for a fully paid up nose piece. I think they seem like nice people and also am aware that they had something unpleasant happen to some family members some months ago, however just a single communication would have been nice in that interim. Having left a dozen emails and overseas phone messages, I spoke to someone else the other day who assured me that someone would get back to me. Still waiting. I'm patient and understanding. Sometimes a little interaction goes a long way.

Looks like some nice stuff you've got there though Scott. Of course video is a must.

Last edited by 333pg333; 09-10-2011 at 05:45 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:54 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by gruhsy
Post a vid of how it sounds when your done
+ 1 very sweet looking and can't beat that price !!
Does it have an ability to slip a cat on if you want to ?
Old 09-10-2011, 10:33 AM
teamcrossworks
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scott,

That looks HOT!

I also have a Broadfoot (SS catback) and am very happy with the quality and workmanship. I would rather have an oval over round muffler but oh well.

After seeing yours, I may have to upgrade my Bursch test pipe with the Broadfoot front section.

Definitely post video with the sound once installed.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:18 AM
m carter
Instructor

Super nice!! Hang it on a wall for a while. Sweet.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Baptizo
This didn't cost
me any drachmas
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Scott, how much is the full system? That's exactly what I need but with a cat for emissions testing (at least for the next year until my 951 is exempt).
Old 09-10-2011, 01:01 PM
marcoturbo
Rennlist Member

How are the BroadFoot headers ?
Old 09-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Adonay
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

That exhaust looks great!
Old 09-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

It's going to be a while until a video, at the minimum 6 months. I still need to send my turbo out for a rebuild and go through the engine and whatever other countless details come up. This was a sort of impulse purchase/present to myself at the end of the summer. I originally was going to purchase an exhaust last, but I just couldn't pass this up after the price I was quoted. I'm going to/paying for school so that's sucking up both project money and time, the hot *** Florida summer also doesn't help.

Originally Posted by derekc23
Scott, how much is the full system? That's exactly what I need but with a cat for emissions testing (at least for the next year until my 951 is exempt).
I don't know if Albert wants me to say how much I got this for, but it was less than what he advertises it for on his website, and if you read between the lines in my first post you can get a nice estimate of what I paid. Go to SFR and configure a similar system: 3" DP, 3" bypass with O2 bung and true 3", and the 3" borla catback, then take off about 25% and you're in the ballpark.

He doesn't offer a cat option on his website, but contact him and I'm sure he'll work with you. It wouldn't be that much more work for him to add a cat into the V-Band section, plus it would be a super easy swap for you to go back to a cat-bypass after emissions testing.

As for the headers, I don't know, they're way out of my price range and not in the scope of my rebuild. They look very pretty from the pictures and with SFR being incommunicado might be the only game in town besides CEP for that style header.

I can't stress enough that Albert with work with you. If what's on the site isn't exactly what you want, tell him.

Last edited by Scott H; 09-10-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Nice to see someone get something they paid for in a timely matter. I'm sure the quality is great, but sucks that I've heard of so many issues with Broadfoot.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:29 PM
EVOMMM
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 910 Posts

i have one and love it plus he has been selling on ebay great prices too

Quick Reply: Picked up my BroadFoot exhaust today!