Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Car Seat installed with Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011 | 12:57 PM
First951
Instructor

Default Car Seat installed with Pics

So i've been searching for a while on a car seat that would work and i happen to buy two new car seats 7 months ago, but they looked bulky and didnt think they would fit. I was cleaning out my wifes car this morning and decide to try one and since it has a narrow frame it fit like a glove. The only issue was i have only lap belts, so i noticed that the car seat comes with a few option to secure it and i decided to cut the lap belt on the car and leave the brackets in place and the car seat hooks slide into the brackets without any issues. The car seat feels more secure than my wifes car. i will go out for a ride later
Attached Images     
Old 09-03-2011 | 06:39 PM
Tim-C.
Instructor

Originally Posted by First951
i have only lap belts, so i noticed that the car seat comes with a few option to secure it and i decided to cut the lap belt on the car and leave the brackets in place and the car seat hooks slide into the brackets without any issues.
Great post. This could be a great solution for a lot of us on the forum.

Could you elaborate on the brackets that you left in the car? Any chance you can post pics with the seat removed?

Also, I believe that seat would have a third connection point at the top--do you have that anchored in the trunk somewhere? If so, where?

Thanks!!!

Tim
Old 09-03-2011 | 07:26 PM
First951
Instructor

I did anchor it in the trunk, but its not a very solid anchor point, im going to have to fabricated something better, but from the instructions the 3rd connection wasnt needed. I just cut the the eye bolt from the lap belts and everything fit perfect.
Attached Images    
Old 09-03-2011 | 08:45 PM
Tim-C.
Instructor

Thanks for the extra pics. I've often thought this was the way to go for our caahs--use the seat belt mounting points for a LATCH connection. Nice work.

Have you gone for a ride yet, and if so, how was legroom? How big is your child?

Sorry, for so many questions, but we just switched my kid to forward facing, which means she can now ride in the 951. Well, when the 951 gets put back together, that is... For now, she's in my company caah and often says "wheee" when I get on it. Can't wait to take her for a fall evening ride in the 951 with the roof out. I'm sure she'll love a really fast caah.

Tim
Old 09-03-2011 | 09:20 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Do you know what model number that seat is? Is the passenger seat all the way up?

Quick Reply: Car Seat installed with Pics