Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

World Record: Most Porsches in one gathering! Nov 5th 2011... who's going?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011 | 11:17 PM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Exclamation World Record: Most Porsches in one gathering! Nov 5th 2011... who's going?!

No affiliation to the organizers/website/etc. I am just copy and pasting the information here for everyone to see.

I think this will be worth going to. I have spoken to a lot of 944 guys in my area who are totally down for a cruise up there, so hopefully we can have a huge 944 turnout. I think that would be awesome.

Anyway browse the website...

http://www.themille.com/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WELCOME!! To coincide with four major Porsche Milestones; the 60th Anniversary of Porsche in the USA, the 51st Anniversary of the Porsche Club of America, the 25th Anniversary of the Porsche 944 Turbo and the 25th Anniversary of the Porsche 959 , TheMille.com is embarking on a challenge that will be a record breaking attempt! The current Guinness World Record is 2325 and was set in Germany 2008 by Ingo Robener with PorscheFreude, thats an amazing number of Porsche. Its time to show our American pride and lets break the record! My official Guinness World Records Membership # 317991 and our official record claim # 361886. We will also take the time to celebrate the Porsche Aftermarket.

I'd like to thank Porsche Cars North America for their help and generosity. THANK YOU PORSCHE!!

We are aware of guests & caravans of Porsches coming from California, Texas, Mississippi, Connecticut, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland, Alabama, Oklahoma and Kentucky to attend this event. We cannot wait to see how many cars show up! We are getting a good number of pre-registrations now! Keep an eye out for our ads in PCA Peachstate Presse, Dupont Registry, Excellence Magazine and 9 Magazine! Thanks for your support.

Activity Details

* The Mille Record Setting Parade of Porsches Largest in North America & Concours

* Porsche 944 Turbo Corral to celebrate 25th Anniversary

* Porsche 959 Corral to celebrate 25th Anniversary

* Porsche Parts & Literature Swap Meet, Porsche Vendor Row, Porsche Cars “For Sale” Corral

* Additional record setting “Largest Gathering of 911, 944, 914, 928, 968, Boxster, Cayman, etc.”

* Porsche Only Exhibition Laps on Atlanta Motor Speedway

Official Parade Itinerary & Schedule of Events

FRIDAY November 4th 2011

10:00am Vendor Set up at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Cars For Sale Corral set up, can drop off your cars today.

10:00am Registration for The Mille Parade, Porsche Concours d’Elegance, Laps on Atlanta Motor Speedway.

10:00am Set up for Porsche Parts & Literature Swap Meet

There will be 24 hour armed security onsite. You are welcome to park and leave your trailers, RVs onsite and overnight.

SATURDAY November 5th 2011

6:30am Gates Open for Final Vendor set up and arrangements on Vendor Row.

6:30am Final Registration for The Mille Parade, Porsche Concours d’Elegance & Laps on Atlanta Motor Speedway.

7:00am – 11:00am Parade Cars Take Position & preparations in the Earnhardt parking lot

9:00am Porsche Parts & Literature Swap Meet begins in Vendor Row.

10:00am Drivers Meeting at for Mille 2011 World Record Attempt Parade

11:00am Parade Begins from AMS and ends at AMS by 12:30-1:30.

We will attempt to break a World Record with the most Porsches in a single parade. You will be able to drive on the street in this historic parade, with Porsche race cars, concept cars, new cars, old cars. A helicopter will be following the parade to document this amazing parade.

BY 12:00pm ANY OTHER VEHICLE that is not a Porsche needs to be removed from the AMS infield. From 12pm-6pm the infield is considered PURE PORSCHE Grounds. Absolutely no other cars or trucks are allowed inside the infield for any reason, except of course emergency vehicles. We want people to experience 100% Porsche and be surrounded by Porsches. We want to evoke the passion we have for these cars from you.

12:30pm-1:00pm Once The Mille parade is complete, we will arrive back at Atlanta Motor Speedway and enter the infield and onto the track and start stacking cars on the AMS oval track for aerial photos. We will park Porsches Bumper to Bumper on the oval track and a helicopter will take photos. After everyone has a photo opportunity of a lifetime, we will begin the festivities!

12:00pm-7:00pm Porsche Concours d’Elegance, Laps on Atlanta Motor Speedway, Porsche Parts & Literature Swap Meet, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks, rub elbows with ex Porsche factory drivers & celebrites.

All Porsche Clubs and individual model clubs welcome to have their club meet at this event. Plenty of room and safe parking.

♦♦♦♦♦ RAIN DATE IS November 6th 2011 ♦♦♦♦♦

If you sign up to be part of the world record attempt it is EXTREMELY important to be here when we ask you to. If you register, we ask you to keep your word that you will show up with your Porsche(s). We must obey all traffic laws and speed limits or we can jeopardize the record attempt.

There will be Sheriffs Department officers and Georgia State Patrol onsite at all times.

Please email me: porschemille@gmail.com mitch@themille.com or call me anytime 770-846-0440

We have some top notch sponsorships already signed on. If you or your company would like to sponsor the Mille 2011 Rally, please contact me.

Thanks for checking out the site, and please pass the word along to other fellow Porsche lovers that you know. We need to really work hard to make this work. I will need volunteers throughout the next several months, if you are interested in helping us please contact me.
Old 09-02-2011 | 12:31 AM
Bob_in_Chicago
Instructor

How about a caravan from Chicago? I'm kinda wanting to go.
Old 09-02-2011 | 12:38 AM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

I am going.
Old 09-02-2011 | 12:57 AM
Crackership
Rennlist Member

I would love to go, but, apparently, someone thought it would be a good idea to put ~3000 miles in between it and me
Old 09-02-2011 | 01:19 AM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

I'm a little bit surprised it's in Atlanta GA of all places... I was expecting out west like California somewhere maybe.

Anyhow, I think the 944 Turbo corral is really what gives me the extra kick to go. That should be very cool.
Old 09-02-2011 | 07:43 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Right now I am planning on going...anyone from MD/VA/DC going? It's 11 1/2 hours from here so we were thinking of breaking up the trip and veer off to NC for a night to check out the area. Anyone recommending a sight seeing venue/s in NC?
Old 09-02-2011 | 08:04 PM
Zeff
Pro

Originally Posted by mudbuddha
Right now I am planning on going...anyone from MD/VA/DC going? It's 11 1/2 hours from here so we were thinking of breaking up the trip and veer off to NC for a night to check out the area. Anyone recommending a sight seeing venue/s in NC?
depends on your route, if you come down on through WNC then hit up the Biltmore House.
Old 09-02-2011 | 09:06 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Thanks Zeff- will keep you in mind.

Granted it will be nice to see all the P-cars of various era but the with PCNA involved, it will be extra nice to see what cars they will bring to the event in the like of 917s, 959s etc...those kind of monsters from their collections.
Old 09-03-2011 | 10:09 PM
Tim-C.
Instructor

Originally Posted by mudbuddha
I'd hit Tail of the Dragon/Deals Gap/Cherohala Skyway if I were you. I have an excellent B&B that I can recommend--stayed there twice and loved it both times. Reasonable rates, absolutely picturesque location. Link below. Drive down, grab a few beers Thursday night at the Blue Waters. Get up early, do the Tail of the Dragon/Cherohala, good twisty drive down to ATL through Blood Mountain, etc, stay the night downtown and hit the show on Saturday. In fact, this is sounding like such a great trip I might drive down from NNJ.

http://www.bluewatersmtnl.com/

Guys--this event is legit. It's going to be great. If you have the time and can get there, I highly recommend going.

Tim
Old 09-04-2011 | 01:54 AM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

I'd hit Tail of the Dragon/Deals Gap/Cherohala Skyway if I were you. I have an excellent B&B that I can recommend--stayed there twice and loved it both times. Reasonable rates, absolutely picturesque location. Link below. Drive down, grab a few beers Thursday night at the Blue Waters. Get up early, do the Tail of the Dragon/Cherohala, good twisty drive down to ATL through Blood Mountain, etc, stay the night downtown and hit the show on Saturday. In fact, this is sounding like such a great trip I might drive down from NNJ.

http://www.bluewatersmtnl.com/

Guys--this event is legit. It's going to be great. If you have the time and can get there, I highly recommend going.
Thanks Tim, will definitely look into it. The wife and I was thinking of driving to NC on Thursday and stay a night there. We have never stayed at a B&B before so this sounds interesting and I have heard of the Tail of the Dragon drive but didn't know it connects to ATL so will definitely look into that as well...
Old 09-04-2011 | 10:25 AM
Tim-C.
Instructor

I'm sure there are other Rennlisters who have more knowledge of the area, but check out this route. Start at the Lodge. Drive Tail of the Dragon up. Head back, go out Cherohala Skyway (Point C on the map is completely arbitrary, go till you get tired of a smooth, sparsely driven road, panoramic fall views, and sweeping 35-65mph curves). Turn around and head back toward Robbinsville. Go south on 129, over Blood Mountain, pick up 19 I believe (at Turner's Corner) going to Dahlonega, then pick up 400 south to ATL. At the end of Cherohala Skyway, you could pick up 515 and head back to ATL on the highway, but then you'd be missing some great No GA roads. Don't make that mistake.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=bl...=6&mra=ls&z=11
Old 09-04-2011 | 07:16 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

MAYBE!
Old 09-04-2011 | 11:39 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'll be there for sure!
Old 09-04-2011 | 11:53 PM
cannon1000
Three Wheelin'

Tail gets all the glory - but the skyway is a much better drive and has less traffic typically. I'll go - it's close enough to me.
Old 09-05-2011 | 01:17 AM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ehall
MAYBE!
Oh you better, sir.... Your old 951 is getting a whole new look that I'd like to surprise you with, and this would be a great opportunity!

Originally Posted by cannon1000
Tail gets all the glory - but the skyway is a much better drive and has less traffic typically. I'll go - it's close enough to me.
Any chance you can help me repost this thread in the 911 forums? I know I can easily do it but I'd feel a bit awkward being a 944 guy and having never posted in those sections before!!

Quick Reply: World Record: Most Porsches in one gathering! Nov 5th 2011... who's going?!