Help with Air/Fuel and Boost Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 01:44 PM
Matthew951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help with Air/Fuel and Boost Gauges

I recently got my Autometer Lunar Series Air/fuel and boost gauages. And I need some help on what wires to tap into. I have an 87, 951.

The intructions I got with the autometer gauges are pretty poor. But I guess they need to be that way to fit all the cars on the market. If anyone could help me out, and maybe has a few pictures on where to tap in the wires, let me know.

I have the Lo-Tek A-pillar mount gauge cluster, but I dont think that will matter, besides how I will run the wires behind the dash or whatever.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 07-09-2003, 03:01 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've got an O2 meter install procedure on my <a href="http://members.rennlist.com/951_racerx" target="_blank">RacerX website</a> under "ARM-1 install". Tricky part is the O2-sensor signal itself which needs to be tapped from inside the DME connector after it's separated from it's coaxial shielding braid. You can get power from the DME harness as well, or use the radio or clock harness.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:56 AM
Matthew951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Danno,

Anyone have any pictures or something that can help me install the Boost gauage? I am guessing I will need some kind of "T" fitting to hook up the actual boost line, but what about the power, that says should be hooked to the dash lights, so it can vary?

Matt
Old 07-10-2003, 01:41 AM
smkn951
Burning Brakes

since my gauges are right below the radio i tapped power from the light at the ash tray( for dimming) main power ang ground from the radio. hooked up the vacuum hose in side too about a t from the klr box. and yes u would need a t fitting.
on mine i installed zip ties to make sure it doesn't pop off.
good luck
Old 07-10-2003, 03:25 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"I am guessing I will need some kind of "T" fitting to hook up the actual boost line,"

Yes, use a soft-T, a rubber T that fits over the hard-plastic tubing that came with your gauge. Then cut into the KLR's manifold-pressure line for the boost-signal.

"but what about the power, that says should be hooked to the dash lights, so it can vary?"

You can use the clock-harness for that. It has +12, ground, and +12-with-lights for dimming.

Quick Reply: Help with Air/Fuel and Boost Gauges