Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

M-Tune In Stock and Available

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011 | 07:36 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Default M-Tune In Stock and Available

Just in case you aren't in the know, M-tune is now back in stock from Rogue Tuning. I just ordered mine and of course will be posting pics of install. I honestly really like my current setup on my CA car, but have more money than sense sometimes, along with all the rave reviews, was too much to resist.

So for those of you on a lesser budget, I will soon have available my current complete setup availble for cheap (minus Turbo, MBC, wastegate & exhaust), cleaned and balanced 55# injectors, dropping resistors, Scivision MAF, stealth and cone filter setups, Russel's Max951 chips, and possibly 3.0 bar FPR.
Old 08-17-2011 | 07:52 PM
Darwantae951

Hey! That's my old set-up!
Old 08-17-2011 | 08:55 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Wouldn't you still need the 3 bar FPR?
Old 08-17-2011 | 08:57 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

man I have really wanted the M Tune but opted for basic maintenance (the smarter choice for now!).

My car would really benefit from the M Tune and inj's
Old 08-17-2011 | 08:59 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Darwin:

Yes, it is and yes it works great! However, after to speaking with many on here and to Joshua, M-tune is the way to go. I am very impressed with Joshua's knowledge and demeanor on the phone. I only wish it was available before I wasted so much money on the Aussie Stand Alone for the FL car. I am sure that will one day it will be a nice set-up as well, but I am sure it is going to require constant tweeking. I am at an age where plug-N-play is the way to go, not to mention that I fly everywhere all the time and have no time to fiddle with things anymore. I have not been keeping up with your progress, how is your giant project coming?
Old 08-17-2011 | 09:01 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Originally Posted by schip43
Wouldn't you still need the 3 bar FPR?
Need to speak to Joshua about this, I have a couple fancy adjustable FPR's laying around that I was going to swap out, but might just leave the 3.0 bar fixed in place, seems to be working well enough. That is why I said maybe though.
Old 08-17-2011 | 09:50 PM
cas951
Rennlist Member

fill me in on this. I've been wanting to do this myself but so afraid about Ca smog passing. I have your setup (u already know that). My smog test is due in a few months. Was waiting till someone in Ca do this setup.
Old 08-17-2011 | 09:53 PM
Baptizo
This didn't cost
me any drachmas
Rennlist Member

I've been saving up for the M-Tune and might pull the trigger on it but I think the basic maintenance that Rick mentioned needs to be addressed first (along with a new alternator).

But, the M-Tune is definitely the direction I'm headed and two days ago I found out it's back up and ready to order!!!!
Old 08-17-2011 | 10:06 PM
Reimu
Drifting

Anyone heard word on how much upgrading from the a-tune to m-tune will run? Supposedly it was a pretty simple change. I had to go the afm route because the car HAD to move before the m-tune was released.
Old 08-17-2011 | 10:22 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CameronKame
Anyone heard word on how much upgrading from the a-tune to m-tune will run? Supposedly it was a pretty simple change. I had to go the afm route because the car HAD to move before the m-tune was released.
I believe you receive a $150 upgrade discount. Thus $950 for the M-Tune.
Old 08-17-2011 | 10:30 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by URG8RB8
Need to speak to Joshua about this, I have a couple fancy adjustable FPR's laying around that I was going to swap out, but might just leave the 3.0 bar fixed in place, seems to be working well enough. That is why I said maybe though.
Yeah I have the fancy adjustable type also...freaking nut backed off , I noticed my AFR's acting nutty and finally found the problem. Going to install an in cabin Fuel Pressure gauge.

But the adjustable ones apparently can add one more point of potential failure!
Old 08-17-2011 | 10:40 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by cas951
fill me in on this. I've been wanting to do this myself but so afraid about Ca smog passing. I have your setup (u already know that). My smog test is due in a few months. Was waiting till someone in Ca do this setup.
Santa Clara was my old stomping ground! San Jose, Ca is where my car and myself are from. It's always passed smog with chips in it, 55lb injectors and 3 bar FPR, cat had to go back on. Currently has Max Berry chip. The smog test at idle and PT it runs a 14.7 afr at those two points, judging by how lazy it is off boost, I feel safe in saying stock timing also.

So the chip had no impact on smog. Rouges chip might have more aggressive timing at those points and that could impact smog but a performance chip is not an automatic fail. Well unless you **** somebody off and they send you to the BAR, who could go looking for a chip!
Old 08-17-2011 | 11:55 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

I don't think a car will pass CA smog if it does not idle in the factory rpm range, even if it's putting out pure oxygen... Since I understand it normally runs a 1K idle, it might be worth checking if the factory idle level is available for those special days.. .

I think the general rule is that they don't "disassemble" cars to check smog -- so doubt you'll get anyone who asks to dig into your DME... That why our evap systems are generally exempted by smog techs...
Old 08-18-2011 | 12:52 AM
Reimu
Drifting

Originally Posted by refresh951
I believe you receive a $150 upgrade discount. Thus $950 for the M-Tune.
bah
might as well sell it myself
Old 08-18-2011 | 02:21 AM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
I don't think a car will pass CA smog if it does not idle in the factory rpm range, even if it's putting out pure oxygen... Since I understand it normally runs a 1K idle, it might be worth checking if the factory idle level is available for those special days.. .

I think the general rule is that they don't "disassemble" cars to check smog -- so doubt you'll get anyone who asks to dig into your DME... That why our evap systems are generally exempted by smog techs...
there is a little play with the rpm but mine still idles stock with the chip and 3 bar reg. Correct they don't normally do that but **** off the wrong person and you could be in a world of hurt!

Quick Reply: M-Tune In Stock and Available