Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

did chips come with your maf kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002 | 04:55 PM
tecart
Pro

Post did chips come with your maf kit?

im not referring to the autothority maf kit, which i know came with chips, but did any of the other tuners give you chips with the maf kit, like huntley or SFR or lindsey maf kits, thanks
Old 12-10-2002 | 07:01 PM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

Definately...if you didnt get any...then you got jipped. Thats where all the power comes from in a MAF is the chips
Old 12-10-2002 | 07:12 PM
Danno
Race Director

Yah, basically, the MAF removes the restrictions and gives you more air. But.... you need to meter fuel properly to match that increased flow.

Ideally, you would have a matched system like the AutoThority MAF kits that comes with chips matched to their sensor so no signal-interception/massaging is necessary. Their MAF chips are completely different than their AFM chips because the voltage-response curve is different between a MAF and an AFM sensor.

If you use an AFM chip in a MAF kit, then you end up with all sorts of hurdles like signal-massaging and turning ***** to make those chips work.
Old 12-10-2002 | 09:56 PM
tecart
Pro

when i got my stage 4 maf kit from huntley racing back some years ago, he asked me what turbo i had and chips, i told him i have autothority stage 2 chips that were burned at powerhaus by them to match the airflow of a k27 turbo, basically the stage 2 chips that were mapped again for a k27, so they are called powerhaus k27 chips, but derrick never offered me new chips when i bought his maf kit, now im wondering not about the fuel isses, which i can control to a degree but about timing and such with the maf kit, should i call huntley and ask to have my k27 chips remapped for the maf#4 kit? or should i just use the arc2? i dont remember anyone saying if they got the maf kit and they got new chips too, is this true?
Old 12-11-2002 | 03:05 AM
Danno
Race Director

"i told him i have autothority stage 2 chips that were burned at powerhaus by them to match the airflow of a k27 turbo, basically the stage 2 chips that were mapped again for a k27, so they are called powerhaus k27 chips, but derrick never offered me new chips when i bought his maf kit, now im wondering not about the fuel isses, which i can control to a degree but about timing and such with the maf kit, should i call huntley and ask to have my k27 chips remapped for the maf#4 kit"

He didn't offer you chips with the MAF-4 because it wouldn't have made a difference. The Huntley chips are straight-up AutoThority Stage-II copies. I'm not sure what software Powerhaus is using, but there are NO commercially-available chip-programming software on the market today that can read and modify an AutoThority chip. Your only recourse is to copy them outright. You can't even remove the AutoThority copyright because they have a little routine in the code that checks a single letter in the copyright, and if it's been changed, the car won't start. How about that for sneaky, eh?

Do you have a dyno-chart of your car with its current configuration? That way we can tell how closely matched those chips are.

Quick Reply: did chips come with your maf kit?