Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Orientation of Lindsey Bypass Valve

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 11:01 PM
Mledbetter
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct.. I'm just talking about the Lindsey valve and flipping it around. Mounting it either way shown on the Lindsey site results in positive manifold pressure on the spring side of the valve.

I've used it both ways on mine and the results seem identical. Lindsey suggests mounting it in the "laying down" position.

<EDIT> I think my statement was a little confusing... I was simply trying to say that there is positive pressure on the spring side of the valve, from the vacuum line. Not from the IC pipe...

Mounting the Lindsey valve with the intercooler pipe connected to the bottom inlet/outlet is probably the proper config. It results in positive pressure against the valve, with the spring and positive pressure from the vacuum line on the opposite side.

-Matt
Old 04-10-2003, 11:11 PM
Songz
Advanced

Matt,

From the pics, both BOVs should in the same orientation right??? I am getting a little confused........

I have tried mounting it both ways, standing up and lying down, dosent seem to make any difference.

So guys, which orientation is better then?
Old 04-10-2003, 11:15 PM
TurboTime
Instructor

Hi Matt,
I tried it both ways. I had it mounted vertically first, like in the hard pipe pictures, and noticed no change from my blown stock valve. I kept wondering, what is wrong with this thing, and was about to send it back to Lindsey. I called Dave and he suggested to try in in the horizontal position like in the valve picture and it works great! I have 6 washers and haven't tried any less. I'm pretty happy with the sounds. It really kicks to hear the turbo spool up (thanks to the MAP 2 kit) and then hear the valve open as you shift.

Greg
Old 04-11-2003, 05:35 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hmmmm had mine (Linsdey) installed for a couple of days "in reverse", car runs super rich, and even experience some random loss of power, have reinstalled it in the original type position, rotated the hose a bit and now just fits, though its hard to tell really you only know if some of that crappy insulation stuff comes off on it. The car runs so much better in this position. I dont know about the physics of the operation, just that it runs better like this.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:31 PM
AC
Instructor

I had mine set the way the original BOV was installed. Full boost would not come on until 3600 RPM. After seeing this thread, I reversed the BOV and now full boost hits at 3100-3200 RPM. I could tell a big difference and my boost doesn't tend to bleed off. Just my experience with it.
Old 04-15-2003, 03:57 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Just changed my position on the advice of Lindsey Racing... my car started to splutter and was not reaching full boost in first, I was premature on saying up right was better, the rich mixture I believe is due to exhaust leaks...
Old 05-23-2003, 09:38 PM
Johnzapp
Intermediate

Do you mean 6 washers on the LBE?

Quick Reply: Orientation of Lindsey Bypass Valve