Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Charlie Billet A-arms

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 08:30 PM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Powerhaus has arms with 17 mm. pin that requires no drilling (chrome-moly)+/- $1600.00
Old 06-16-2002, 04:23 PM
Mike A.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Sloth. If you're not tracking the car, if it is not too lowered, and if your sway bar is stock or even the 30mm M030, you shouldn't spend your cash on Charlie Arms.
Once you change the geometry of your suspension, i.e. either lower it and/or install a large anti-sway bar, you will put extra stress onto the ball joint and onto the a-arm. Under heavy loading, you can experience a catastrohpic failure.
On my '89 951 track car with a cup suspension, I replaced the stock ball joints with European Racing Products heavy duty race ball joints which can with stand more stress than the stock ones. They are also removable for easy replacement if required.
Now I have a new suspension with the Charlie Arms. I can't comment on noise or harshness since the entire suspension is solid. If I run over a dime, I can tell if it is heads or tails.
My stock a-arms with the ERP race ball joints are for sale if anyone is interested.
Mike

Quick Reply: Charlie Billet A-arms