Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

How do I find the DME?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2002, 02:10 AM
*WiZaRD- 951
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post How do I find the DME?

if I want to take off my 'Stage II chips' how do I do it? How do I find this 'DME'?
Old 02-04-2002, 02:23 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your two(2) computers are behind the carpet, behind the plywood(if it's there) in the passengers footwell. The DME and the KLR(white boost tube into it)

Disconnect your battery, remove the bracket, unplug the connectors. Undo the tubing connector. You have to remove the boxes to get the covers off, remember the orientation if this your first time. Bend the tabs, pull the covers off. The chips are on the underside of the top board. Discharge any static, touch some metal or wear a grounding strap(some do,some don't)that you can attach to some sort of ground in your garage,,cable ground etc. You have to get this board up and out of the host conector, be careful with the plastic standoffs, they can get brittle. Once you get it off, flip it over and there you have it.
The chip should be clearly visible with "autothority" on it. Use a chip puller(radio shack)or be very careful prying with two small tools of sort. Do not damage the solder lines. Reinstall stock chips or new ones in reverse...
good luck
The following users liked this post:
ElRicardo (11-02-2023)
Old 02-04-2002, 02:42 AM
*WiZaRD- 951
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll have to get the stock chip back from the guy I guess, I thought you just added on the APE chip, argh...
Old 02-04-2002, 02:52 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If your calling the previous owner,,,regarding your other post, get the stock banjo bolt or take yours out, see if it has a allen head jet or jet screwed in, TAKE IT OUT. Hook it back up and try your car again. Remember,,K.I.S.S.
"Keep it simple stupid",,,try the easiest thing first, then track problems, then track money, yada yada ya.....

Quick Reply: How do I find the DME?