Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

a confusing problem...help please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 10:02 PM
Dave944t
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post a confusing problem...help please!

okay, im back. so is there anyway that the autothority stage 2 chips that come with the mass air flow kit can be programmed difrently that one that are sold just for normal set up. i am still having the problem with the stumble after idle when the DME chip is in. the people at autothority said it was the O2 sensor. i changed that out with a new one and the car runs smother with stock DME chip. but when i put the autothority chip in it goes back to its old ways...so would begging my dad for the mass air flow kit that the chips came with (supposed to be a graduation present)be a good idea or am i wasting my time and will still have this problem afterwards.
Old 01-31-2002, 03:16 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would say that they are COMPLETELY different. What are you doing with MAF chips without an MAF anyway?
Old 01-31-2002, 12:50 PM
Dave944t
Track Day

well i guess the whole thing was supposed to be a graduation gift but i told my dad i was going to buy chips and he said dont because i have some already. so i got those for christmas. but im pretty sure that he is also holding out on the maf too. maybe ill have to try the same tactic to get that
Old 02-01-2002, 10:11 AM
Toolmaster
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Exclamation

DAve -

Under no circumstances would I drive your car with the MAF chips in without a MAF sensor attached.

Those chips use a preprogrammed value to insure the right amount of fuel, and chances are the chips are WAY off base with the stock AFM.

Get the MAF kit and install, or go BACK to the other chips till you do.

Thanks!

Jay
86 951
Old 02-01-2002, 12:16 PM
Steve Lavigne
Three Wheelin'

I'll second that. The MAF chips are going to have significantly different mapping from the non-MAF chips. Either install the MAF or put the stock chips back. OTOH, you could always buy my <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=601680268" target="_blank">Autothority stage 2 chips</a> off ebay and then sell them when you get the MAF for about the same price.

Quick Reply: a confusing problem...help please!